Emby server + OSMC on rpi2?

no idea.

Just checked, they all seem mono based

Hmm could this be related to this?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19955-emby-crashing-ubuntu-server/page-5#entry207271

Or is this fixed in the kernel OSMC uses?

Oh well, I’m ready to give up on this (unless someone over at the emby forums comes up with something) thanks for all the help!

I did it!
Emby running perfectly!

Ok so what needed to be done was:
a) update mono - The package in the official debian repository is too old - You need to use the one from xamarin
b) install webp and libmagickwand-dev

To install mono ≥4:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-complete

So after getting this to work I’ll try to use the emby for kodi plugin, and if everything seems ok I might write this up as a howto

1 Like

Do a Howto and ill add it to the official howto section

Hmm after running this successfully without issues for 20hrs osmc crashed and is now restarting with a sad face even after reboot. Trying to remove mono-complete and see if that changes anything :confused:

hmm @Toast that wasn’t it…
Reading the log file I find a few errors, you have any ideas?

jul 29 20:15:15 osmc kernel: usb 1-1.4: current rate 8436608 is different from the runtime rate 48000
jul 29 20:15:15 osmc mediacenter[246]: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
jul 29 20:15:15 osmc mediacenter[246]: *** Error in `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin': corrupted double-linked list: 0x02ba42f0 ***
jul 29 20:15:15 osmc sudo[302]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user osmc

Full log file: http://paste.osmc.io/ilovupawug.vhdl

Scratching my head here… Without doing anything (except letting it loop for a few minutes and running upt-get update (which shouldn’t affect anything?) osmc just booted. Freaky

EDIT:
So the issue seems to be that my screwing around filled up the entire filesystem. Cleaning out apt-cache bought me half a GB and deleting /var/lib/plexmediaserver another 700 mb

Your log shows transmission complaining that there is no disk space free - check your free space with ‘df -h’ and free up some space.

Kodi will crash on boot if there is zero disk space left.

Thanks! You replied while I was typing my edit above.
Will see what role emby plays in this and if it’s possible to move the location of emby-data. Basically going through the file system with du -sh /*

Ok so after going through this I found a couple of things:

First; I forgot to remove the src for ffmpeg (will include that in my howto)
Second; almost 1 gb of cache! Both the apt-cache and the packages folder in .kodi/addons
Third; Plex media server (an alternative to emby without the cool kodi-integration) eats up data
Fourth; thumbnails eat up over 1 gb for me!

In conclusion: Emby didn’t cause this. Me being sloppy when installing emby did help though.

On a side note:

1. Maybe one should set a crontab script to regularly clean the apt-cache and the packages of osmc? Maybe it should even be some sort of standard feature?
  2. I’m using fstab to mount my NAS to OSMC, I’m going to try to symlink the thumbnails directory to the nas drive so that I free up another gb of space, if it works I’ll post a howto

A question regarding the packages-folder in .kodi/addons since you mention it…
My folder is jammed with a lot of content so the question is; Is it safe to manually remove its content or will OSMC make me regret doing that?

the packages folder is a cache of downloaded packages, can be safely deleted if you’re in need of space but if not it doesn’t really do anything and speeds up reinstallation if needed

Thank you for a prompt answer! Then I leave it as is then. Just had the urge to clean up a bit…