Freezing with Panasonic Viera after switching off TV

I do not know if it is really related to the Viera TV, but the freezing happens usually after I switch on the TV again. Sometimes it happens anyway, but 90% of the times is related to coming back to the TV, e.g. after the night.

Of course, a hard reboot is needed in this case.

I have read here of similar problems, but in the end the do not appear completely the same as I am experiencing, though it may be related.

Feeling quite sure of my steps, I have installed on my RPB1 OSMC version RC1 (updated to RC2) on a USB key straight away. Therefore, I have no experience about running OSMC from SD (might it be more stable. But it may have nothing to do with my problems. Just mentioning it to give a more complete picture).

Any help appreciated. Apologies if this has already been better addressed in another post.

Cheers to everybody and congratulations to Sam!

Sleepy

I would enable debug logging before switching the TV off at night and then use the log uploader to get the log url that you can provide here.

https://osmc.tv/help/wiki/logs

Can you check system/input/peripherals/cec settings.
Make sure action for “when the TV is switched off” is set to ignore.

Thank you popcornmix.

But it is already set like that.

I will try to get a usable log for uploading.

But the problem still persisting…

I will also revert back to SD environment to see if things better that way.

Sleepy

I have made some tests.
Reinstalled OSMC from scratch on an SD e the problems seems gone.
Now reinstalled also on SD+USB (and using backup from the SD installation, so that I do not need to reconfigure everything again) and looks good (just initial test. To be confirmed).

Sleepy

After some few days I confirm that OSMC is very stable also
in the USB key configuration. No more forced reboots after the new
installation.
I think now my problem arose from a bad digested update.

Sleepy