Frequent random muting, then freezing

@popcornmix, I did as you suggested…

Set “dtparam=audio=on” in config.txt. Previously I had it set to “off” because of an issue that came up with the January update… (January update now iqaudio dac not working? - #16 by ntate6630)
…and was expecting the sound to go back to the HDMI instead of “IQaudIO PiDAC +” but it didn’t change.

There is no blacklist.conf file in /etc/modprobe.d so nothing to edit in nano so im assuming that means “snd-bcm2835” wont be blacklisted.

Next I rebooted with logging turned on, opened terminal, started TOP, took a screen shot at time “21:45” before any videos were played… This was the same as before so didn’t feel the need to post it here again unless anyone wants it.

Next I play various videos on my USB hardisk, also fast forward, play, stop, change video, play, fast forward, stop etc. until the occurrence of the sound dropping out again which I can confirm the sound does drop out and the videos freeze again. The video starts playing with no sound after several seconds and if I stop a video it takes several seconds again before returning to the movie selection screen instead of instantly.

I took another screen shot of TOP at time “22:12” similar result as before so no need to upload here unless anyone wants it… “RES” was “96032” at this point.

After this I uploaded the logs. http://paste.osmc.io/idixoworik