Fstab automount broken?

Hmm, I wonder. I think you have checked that the ‘Wait For Network’ setting is set, correct?

I found a bug the other day that would prevent MyOSMC from saving MySQL settings. It’s possible that the same bug was affecting other settings.

If you’d like, try updating to the latests staging, and toggle the ‘Wait For Network’ setting off/on and see if that helps.

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Thanks, I tried that, and all updates went smoothly, but after reboot still no automount. I’ve removed that line from sources, manually mounted and they’re the mounts are now shown in system > storage.

It’s not a killer outage, as they can be manually mounted, just very curious why it’s stopped. It’s also debatable whether the fstab is truly needed for smooth 4k streaming I guess. I like the placebo affect.

Did you go into MyOSMC and turn off “Wait for Network” and turn it back on? I was a long shot but worth a try.

As to fstab vs Kodi mounts with nfs there is little difference. I personally prefer them because I can move drives to a new server without messing with path substitution, or changing the mysql database.

D’oh! I’ll try it again.

This appears to have fixed the issue. @Chillbo, perhaps this needs to be added to the wiki entry?

Similar to @6coupe, it used to work for me prior to the latest updates. I haven’t enabled NFS v4 on my NAS for various reasons, and adding nfsvers=3 in fstab didn’t make a difference.

Strangely if I uncheck wait for network, back out of those settings and reboot, then go back to it, it’s toggled on still. Also doesn’t seemed to have fixed my automount but I’ll try it a few times to see if the ‘wait for network’ keeps toggling itself back on.

I think that just vers=3 will work (at least that works for me in testing)

Are you exiting from MyOSMC (by selecting Exit), or backing out? I’ll have to take a look at this a bit closer.

Using the Exit. I’ve tried it a half dozen times and if I unselect wait for network, move across to the left menu and scroll down and back to the wired network settings, its toggled back on, and I haven’t even exited the settings menu.

It doesn’t however show the waiting for network line on boot up, so I think it genuinely is toggled off, even if it looks like it’s toggled on, as previously when purposefully toggled on, I would see the ‘waiting for network…’ line at the top of the screen on booting up.

Ok, I’ll look at this more. Could you post a debug log trying to change the setting?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26537999/

Full debug here, within this it should have a record of me seemingly toggling it off, and rebooting.

Thanks

Can you try this from a command line:

sudo systemctl enable connman-wait-for-network.service

and reboot?

Ran that, and nothing new occurs (no automount).

I’ve reverted back to my original fstab posted at the top of the page and will mount manually after reboots. I watched a 4K movie last night and at two points it had to be paused to buffer a little. Not sure if linked to the mount not being via fstab or to do with the advanced settings buffer (was 400mb, now set to 500mb) but will continue to tweak.

(Using a gigabit USB adaptor)

Thanks

Since you’re still using systemd, please show the output from the following commands:

systemctl status mnt-UHD_Movies.automount
systemctl cat mnt-UHD_Movies.automount
systemctl show mnt-UHD_Movies.automount
systemctl status mnt-TV_Shows_UHD.automount