Fstab on Synology

osmc@vero4k2:~$ mount | grep /video
192.168.1.245:/volume1/video on /mnt/video type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.245,mountvers=3,mountport=892,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.245)
osmc@vero4k2:~$ ls -lah /mnt/video
total 3.2T
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Dec 9 16:51 ‘#recycle
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5.4K Dec 9 16:20 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Dec 7 08:53 …
-rwxrwxrwx 1 1026 users 24G Aug 24 2012 ‘21 Jump Street.ISO’
-rwxrwxrwx 1 1026 users 24G Nov 21 2014 ‘22 Jump Street.ISO’

Well everything is where it is suppose to be.
So not sure which issue is to play.
But I also saw you still have the nfs sources defined additional to the fstab mounts in Kodi maybe you access the wrong ones?

Lol, it’s now working from /mnt/video.

After setting fstab I deleted the NFS video sources and added /mnt under root file system.

I’m going to reboot and see if it continues to work.

Well in your last logs at least for music you still had it configured and also for files

<source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.245/volume1/video/Music/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>

I forgot to delete the nfs music one and I didn’t remember I setup the files one. I will delete those.

I could not longer play titles from video and 4k video after rebooting. Issuing the mount commands below fixes it.
sudo mount /mnt/video
sudo mount /mnt/4kvideo

For some reason they are not auto mounting on startup. Is there something I need to add to fstab to get them to auto mount?

Not my field of expertise as I always use autofs instead of fstab. But I assume someone else will pickup from here to check your fstab.

Thanks for the help.
Is autofs better than fstab for what I’m doing?
Here’s an updated log file after changing the music and file sources to /mnt.
https://paste.osmc.tv/kehicahixi

Hi,

For nfs it doesn’t really make any difference, when using smb if the network is lost, recovery is is slightly better. I use autofs because I think its slightly easier to setup, but not mounting on start can affect both.

Is wait for network enabled in myosmc?

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

No, I turned it on, rebooted and it fixed the problem.

Thanks!

1 Like