Green Artifacts on HD Channels Tvheadend

Are you saying removing these setting improves GUI speed?
And if you switch to bob (2x) do you get any green glitches?

v3d_limiter=0x1880f1 works good with HD adv (x2). But if you try to bring up GUI while channel playing in background thereā€™s major slowdown. Button presses take few seconds to respond.

Using Bob (x2) without v3d_limiter=0x1880f1 works brilliantly only seen one green glitch in over 10 minutes HD playback. Thereā€™s no slowdown of GUI either can easily browse through EPG with HD channel in background.

So currently Iā€™m using adv (x2) for all my SD channels as thereā€™s no glitches with SD. Using Bob (x2) for all HD channels. Seems to work best.

Although this issue could just be with my dvb tuner. Would need test with other tuners to see if all have glitches with HD adv (x2) so this may not be issue with all tuners.

Hi,

I have a RPi2 running the latest OSMC and I have a similar problem. In my case those artifacts are not necessarily just green (as you can see on my attached image). I tried to switch to bob(x2), but it doesnā€™t made it better. I also tried to add v3d_limiter=0x1880f1 to the config.txt, but I didnā€™t observed any difference. I tried with both adv(x2) and bob(x2). My RPi is not overclocked. I was not sure if @the_bo owns an overclocked RPI2 or RPI3, because of the arm_freq=1200 in the kodi.log, so I was afraid to set the sdram related settings in my config.txt.

Do you have any suggestion what should I try?
Can it be related to this problem? https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/commit/debe2d29bbc3df84f74672fae47f3a52fd0d40f1

Thanks!

Update:
Iā€™m using WinTV-HVR 930c tuner with Tvheadend. Tvheadend and Kodi are running on the same RPi2. If I open the Tvheadend stream on any other devices (laptop, phone, tablet) the stream is ok and the problem is not present.

Here is my kodi.log: http://paste.osmc.io/epiyazaluk
And the attached image:

Did you try turning deinterlace off see if it makes a difference.

I forgot to mention, but I already tried it. I canā€™t see any difference.

is it only with HD channels or with all channels

Only with HD channels.

Even in case of the same channel, the SD version is ok, but the HD version has this glitches.

I donā€™t know if it matters or not, but the video stream for SD channels is mpeg2video, while for the HD channels is h264.

Same problem here. 720p h264 cannels are almost unwatchable. Beside the green artifacts audio sometimes has hick ups.
Iā€™m running the latest osmc on a Raspberry Pi 2 and TVheadend. The TV stick I use is an MN88473 DVB-C.

Try the staging repository.

Post debug logs if issues persist.

Sorry for a stupid question. What is the address for the staging repo?

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Unfortunately that didnā€™t help. One of the channels (ZDF Neo HD) even causes Tvheadend to break down and restart.
I tried to watch with another Raspberry Pi in the network and an Android device. The problems are the same.
I will provide logs tomorrow.

Thatā€™s helpful.

Can you record the channel and play it back afterwards to see if you get the problem?
If you do, can you upload the sample on Dropbox?

Thanks

Sam

Here is the log.

And here is the sample.

The problem persists when recording. Using Windows or Android the artifacts look different but they exist.

Thanks.

This alone would seem to indicate a problem with the file itself. Is this the only file with this behavior?

The problem always appears when watching or recording specific HD h264 channels.
Might it be realated to a bad reception via DVB-C?

I would like to kindly ask again for help. Has anyone taken a look at the log?
The problem still exists. It became even worse. As soon as I select specific channels Tvheadend restarts.

The problematic channels arenā€™t even selectable anymore and the green artifacts have expanded to channels which were fine before. When watching those channels with the TV everything is fine.
Does anyone has an idea what the problem might be related to? Before buying a new expensive DVB-C dongle I would like to be sure that it is related to the MN88473.

Catching up on this post quickly.

DVB-C use is rare because itā€™s usually encrypted.
If you havenā€™t done so already, try recording and playing back a sample. Do you still get issues? If so, post a small clip that causes the problem and it can be investigated.

Also worth trying a recording on PC or a known good device and seeing if there is still a problem playing back on Pi.

Iā€™ve recorded a sample and played it on a Windows PC. The problem still exists. Here is the sample.
As suggested I also tried to plug the DVB-C dongle into my PC. But I couldnā€™t install the drivers.

Some months ago I provided logs. Unfortunately it doesnā€™t exist anymore.