Green Artifacts on HD Channels Tvheadend

I have the same problem as above, i have a PRI 3 with an Hauppauge pctv 641e DVB-s2 tuner. I’ve installed the tvheadend backend from the store and an Oscam server, when i connect a tvheadend cliënt from another mediaplayer to the rpi 3 it works great. When i use the cliënt on the rpi 3 then i see a lot of artifacts so now and then. I’ve tried the update, and set the ram on 500mhz, deinterlace off. But stil have the artifacts. Sometimes i also get a no signal warning, after trying a few times it will work again. Are there other things i could try?

Hi Roy

I meant to update this post with my findings. So far I’ve had acceptable performance with the following setup.

Sdram freq =550
Core Freq = 450
Deinterlace = Bob(X2)

SSH into device and run the following command

vcgencmd arbiter set arm_uc 13 0

You need to run this command every time you reboot the box I’m looking at way of setting it to run on boot.

Try playing channel now hopefully should be better. Deinterlace off should work even better.

Thank you for the quick response, i will try when i’m home. I will also discribe then step by step how to make it autostart, yesterday i’ve found a way to autostart Oscam so this should work the same way

I still have the artifacts and sometimes green lines, but less then before. I’ve set the sdram freq to 550, deinterlace off, sdram overvoltage at 5, set the 3d limiter, vcgencmd arbiter set arm_uc 13 0 till 15. Unfortunately the script didn’t work to set the arm_uc at boot. Are there any other things i could try?

If you record a channel and play it back do the artifacts still occur?

Maybe the oscam server has a little overhead strain on performance. Can you disable the oscam and test.

Does this occur on HD channels only. Artifacts on SD channels should not relate to issue with rpi3 performance but issue with signal or some interference.

Do the channels play fine if you connect the tuner to your PC?

i’ve tried a non encrypted channel, than it’s without artifacts. I disabled the oscam on the rpi and installed the oscam on the other mediaplayer. It seems to be a little bit better but still some artifacts. On the other mediaplayer i don’t have the artifacts. I don’t understand why i still have artifacts on the rpi while the oscam server is on the the other mediaplayer. I didn’t try to record yet, i will do that tomorrow if that have an added value. I will play with all the settings this weekend, maybe that will help. Thank you for helping

Please try the 4.14 kernel and make sure things don’t get worse. There may also be some improvements

Sam

Installed the 4.14 kernel, it seems to be the same, maybe a little improvement.

Okay – thanks for at least clarifying that there aren’t any regressions.

1 Like