Has anyone tried the BBC UHD trial on their Vero 4K?

Have there been any recent developments on this? Currently the UHD iPlayer streams are not playing in Kodi 17 (using iPlayer WWW add-in). Do they work correctly in Leia?

Yes — they should do.

On latest Leia test build, UHD Trial 1, 2, 3, and 4 don’t play at all - but perhaps they’re not really available…?

UHD Trial 5 does play, in 4K/50fps, but it plays as SDR instead of HLG/HDR - is that what you would expect?

Hmm. Also, sometimes UHD Trial 5 plays, but with software decoding rather than hardware (meaning you get about 4 frames per second!). Do you want me to try and capture a log of that?

HLG support hasn’t been added yet

What’s the state of play on auto-detecting/switching HLG from these iPlayer UHD trial streams now that OSMC is using Leia?

I notice Trial 5 via the iPlayer WWW addon is still working well in 4K on my Vero 4K but it’s stuck in SDR only.

Wimbledon is not far away - would be lovely to have it working since I bet the BBC will put UHD/HDR feeds out again this year…

I tried this a while back, it seemed to do something weird to my Vero as after watching that football stream for a bit hardware decoding wouldn’t work on any other file until I rebooted the Vero.

I agree it would be good for them to have some more UHD trials.

I see they’ve now changed stream 5 to the FA cup final…did they show the FACup final in UHD?

HLG support will be added with the 4.9 kernel.

Sam

Is there an approximate ETA for that?

Lets not start that again. All I can say is it’s next on the list.

1 Like