HDMI-CEC seems to stop working after a couple of hours

I’m getting the same. Currently have it turned off and disconnected.
Worth pointing out that before the last update it never really played well with the earc firmware update that recently arrived on my 2019 Samsung QLED.
I’ve not been too sure what the problem was - I assumed it was a crappy Samsung update tbh.
I’ve replaced all my HDMI cables to no avail.
Latest OSMC update seems to have killed CEC completely.
When I came down this morning the red light was on the vero4k+ box and I struggled getting devices to switch.
Only removing the vero fixed it.

I was on the verge of buying a new receiver too!

I have Apple TV 4K and vero4k+ plugged into a denon AVR-x1600, connect to Samsung qe65q85r tv over earc.
I then have virgin v6 and ps5 plugged into the tv (ps5 into the 120hz hdmi port)

I did notice the setting in libcec was set that my vero was connected to the tv rather than the AVR.
I’ve changed that and will see how I get on.

It didn’t :grinning:

Could you send me that link too Sam and I’ll test it out?

Ta,
Nick

24 hours now on the USB build and no issues so far.

I guess my question (being a simple user with just a vero connected to my tv and no avr inbetween) is how do i get this version on my device and get off the USB which is rapidly running out of space :slight_smile:

There is no method for you to do this at this very moment but if this patch turns out to be good then likely the next step would be for it to get integrated into the test builds which you would have the ability to update your regular install to if you didn’t want to wait for a general release update.

When it’s a confirmed solution, I’ll make it available in a way that you can install on your device. I’d like a bit more feedback first.

Have done so now.

Sam

Thanks Sam.
It was looking good initially but after lots of fiddling and resetting tv to factory settings, unplugging and unpowering everything, I got it all working perfectly, but as soon as I turn off the TV (which turns everything off) it all breaks again.
Removing the Vero and rebooting everything is the only thing that then fixes it all. :disappointed:

Still running fine for me (straight Vero to TV, other HDMI’s being used). Look forward to the final solution.

1 Like

Hi @sam_nazarko, may i please have a copy to the link for the usb build as well?

Thank you kindly!

Edit: Never mind. Running a prior version for now. All working well.

Hi, having also issue with CEC after latest upgrade, using a TV and a soundbar. I need to reboot from time to time to fix it. Should I test something? Whats this USB build?

+1 for an LG user. Into a Sony HT-ZF9 it will completely lock up my Apple TV for control of my Soundbar and input switching. No ability to reproduce the fault other than it is so random.

Can I request the USB build for testing please? I work away and need things just to work for my tech adverse wife!

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

Will do Sam, thanks for the effort mate.

Running the new build now, will let you know.

Thanks. Unfortunately feedback and logs have been very sparse, so I’ve taken an educated guess as to what the issue is.

Sam

I’ve removed the test USB build, rebooted and updated via staging too. Thanks for the prompt fix! Will let you know if anything goes awry. The USB test build had been running for >2 days without issue, so fingers crossed.

No sir – thank you for thorough testing. I do understand it’s not easy with families! It is indeed an issue introduced by an OSMC update and as always the plan is to fix things as promptly as possible.

Fingers crossed indeed.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Seems good so far @sam_nazarko thanks for the prompt fix!

I also updated via staging repo yesterday. Today its still working fine. Awesome!