HDR too dark on TV

So, I’m not sure but it seems like the issue is still there for some files. I’ve uploaded a short sample to https://collab.osmc.tv/s/zuJn8aVn94owg8V (antman_hdr4000.mkv)

When I started watching this movie on my Vero I immediately noticed something was off (I have actually noticed this very rarely before on some files but it wasn’t bothersome). The picture just seemed so dim. The best way to describe it: highlights are way too bright while midtones and shadows are too dark. When I play the same file through my internal LG player (OLED C7) the picture is much more balanced, specular highlights are still there but they’re not constantly blinding you (this might be visual perception though because everything else is not so dim on the internal player).

My TV is calibrated for HDR10 on both inputs. But the same issue can be observed with default presets.

I’m on the latest update just before Kodi v18 on my Vero 4k but going through the changelog, there don’t seem to be any changes regarding HDR playback(?) so if it’s an issue it should still be there.

This is its metadata:

Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 577 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 512 cd/m2

Maybe it’s the MaxCLL and MaxFALL being ignored over HDMI? Although I think I did read LG 2017 models seem to ignore these anyway. This also wouldn’t explain why the tonemapping seems much better on the internal player.