Help please I think I messed up bad

Also another rookie question I am afraid, a lot of my movies are showing up more than once on the device, is there anyway I can wipe the selection and add them all from scratch on it again or get it to only show movies once,

Once this is sorted is there anyway for me to donate to help you keep this forum running, you both have been so helpful.

Ok, your /etc/fstab looks good (we don’t need to touch that in any of the future steps for this).
Your /etc/auto.master is a mess. You have to remove the line sudo nano /etc/auto.master and /mnt/<MediaStation>/<share1> <192.168.0.28>:</volume1/Movies and TV> from it!!! the two last lines should be

+auto.master
/- /etc/auto.nfs.shares --timeout 15 browse

After you have saved the clean file reboot and check your folder content like ls -lah /mnt/USB3 only if you have confirmed all have the content you want you continue.

BTW: looking at your earlier post it looks you have two mistakes in your export file on your NAS.

You would need to correct that before everything works (recheck with showmount -e 192.168.0.28 to ensure that all of them are correct.

Well you can use clean library from the settings menu. While maybe after you have setup everything as it should be it might make sense to have the databases fully recreated.

Happy to help, if you want you always can donate to OSMC to make it better

1 Like

Ok edited the file auto.master like you said so the last two lines are +auto.master
/- /etc/auto.nfs.shares --timeout 15 browse

Can you tell me how to edit the file so that i have the correct usb2 share and correct sata share and also how do I add the movies and tv drive so it’s mountable.

Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge in this area.

Hi,

This needs to be changed on the synology, you need to edit the nfs rules under nfs permissions; for the shared folder. They both need to be changed to shared to 192.168.0.213.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Ok brilliant that worked for sata share and usb2share thank you.

Next is what do I type into putty to mount the drive that is called Movies and TV

Hi,

I choose not to create shares with spaces in the name, but I think you need to add the following:

/mnt/Movies\ and\ TV 192.168.0.28:/volume1/Movies\ and\ TV

to:

/etc/auto.nfs.shares

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Thanks yeah, had I known about this earlier I would have named it differently but alas a bit late now.

I will try the command you suggest and get back to you

1 Like

If that doesn’t work, try:

/mnt/Movies\040and\040TV 192.168.0.28:/volume1/Movies\040and\040TV

EDIT: I tested and found that with autofs that using \040 will not work. I will update the HowTo to help people with spaces in names with autofs mounts.

2 Likes

Perfect Tom’s suggestion worked as did clean library.

Without your support I would have been completely lost, you are legends.

3 Likes