Hide $RECYCLE.BIN on all external USB HDD's

Please don’t take that as an endorsement though. I use an old version from back when it was still open source. The program works rather well but it is not particularly simple for the initial setup and the person who owns it IMO presents himself on forums as rather rude. The cost to legally use the current version also seems excessive to me. I use it, I like it, but I will be really happy when there is a open source or shareware clone available from someone else.

I use WinCatalog 2020 found here:

This program most likely works differently to yours.
As I put files of any type on an external HDD, I run this program which indexes the contents of the HDD.
I have 35 external HDD’s and all of their content is in this Indexer. I run an SSD in my laptop, so the speed of searching is so fast. For instance, I open WinCatalog & enter the name of a movie, press search and the information about it, including its location, is shown in approximately 2/3 seconds.

Wow… just wow

That is a completely different thing. What your using is cataloging so you can find your media. What I was referring to, and what FileBot does is an advanced form of rename and sort. Basically I throw some files at it and it matches them to entries online (just like Kodi does to generate its library) which it then uses to rename and move the files to the location I’ve set. This leaves me with consistently organized files that (almost) always scrape correctly as they have file names that correspond to the same scraper that Kodi uses.