How can I install samba via SSH access?

Thanks,
I did as follows to get things stable after installing samba:

1. Edited the /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf file to comment out all of the share definitions I had put there.
  2. Edited the /etc/samba/smb-local.conf to set the workgroup to what I have at home
  3. Shut down the Pi fully
  4. Moved the USB drive to my Win7 PC and changed the drive label from MEDIA to MEDIADRIVE
    (I did this because I had seen the existence of a /media dir in the Pi, so I assumed there could be a conflict in the names.)
  5. Moved the drive back and started the Pi

Now I can see the OSMC computer in the Network node in Windows Explorer and when I expand it I see two shares:
mediadrive
osmc

And I can read the mediadrive share and see the files and folders as well as create new files on it. So it seems like I really don’t have to do anything to get to the point I needed to go.

But there is another slight annoyance:
In the Network view OSMC is displayed twice! It is like I had two Pi with the same name on the network!
What could cause this?

PS: I saw your reply above only when I went here in order to add the new info.
But I have not gotten the alert email even now, am I not supposed to get an email when someone replies to my posts?
Very strange and not so good because discussions may go unanswered when I don’t know someone has replied. DS