Checking sources
video Scan started on yeti.local
VideoLibrary OnScanStarted
VideoLibrary OnScanFinished
Scan of video on yeti.local completed

real	1m55.356s
user	0m0.179s
sys	0m0.034s

Are you really adding that much content where 2 minutes for a scan to run is a problem?

This might be an option. I’m still in the process of organizing the content of one of my sources, so I don’t want this to be scanned at all.

I just wished there was a simple command. Something like: kodi-cli scan PATH
Well, one can dream… :wink:

Nope, it’s not that. I just don’t want one of my sources to be scanned at all (for now). And I didn’t find the exclude option at first, but I think I’ve found it just now when using the context menu item change content.

Thanks guys for your help, I think I’m set, although I still don’t see any UI options to schedule a libray scan every x minutes.

There is no way to do that from the GUI without an addon. You could just do it from cron.

Have you looked at texturecache.py? But as I keep saying, don’t worry about scanning the complete library, it just doesn’t take that long and you will never notice that it’s running.

You can set a source to not be scanned.

That’s it. If you want to update that for the odd addition you can context menu on the source and select “scan for new content” and it will do a library scan for just that folder without having to change the exclude option in the scraper settings.

I don’t use it but at least some people seem to think it works with SMB: [RELEASE] Library watchdog