I’ve previously had a netflix-prep, since Google closed the old libwidevine and all the Issues Netflix have plagued the addon with, I thought I’d make it less Netflix oriented since there are a multitude of addons, depending on libwidevine, for example Netflix, Disney+, Viaplay, DANZ.
So I wrote this script instead, it downloads the patched system binaries needed, grabs the python dependencies, patches medicenter in v.18
Grab the script file for your Kodi version and run it in shell.
As per request of @angry.sardine:
- Open a ssh connection to your OSMC device
- wget https://github.com/zjoasan/OSMC_libwide_prep/raw/main/prep_for_18.sh
- wget https://github.com/zjoasan/OSMC_libwide_prep/raw/main/prep_for_19.sh
- chmod +x prep_for_[replace you number here].sh
- ./prep_for_[replace you number here].sh
Then download the widevine addon of your choice and install it.