How to install CouchPotato and SickChill on Raspberry Pi

Nice to hear that you finally solve all difficulties :smiley: I hope you manage to solve the following task :wink:
Youā€™re welcome and thank you for compliment!

Hello! I installed CP and SB but I get a weird message. Whenever I reboot or shutdown my Pi I get the message ā€œA stop job is running for SickRage daemon (1m 30s)ā€ And I have to wait one minute and thirty seconds for it to conclude. Any ideas on what may be wrong? I installed everything with the manual instructions.

Thanks in advanced!

Connect with ssh, and try following:
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/sickrage.service

Under ExecStart add following:
TimeoutStopSec=5s

Ctr+x, Y, enter.

It should look like this:

[Unit]
Description=SickRage Daemon

[Service]
User=sickrage
Group=sickrage

Type=forking
GuessMainPID=no
ExecStart=/opt/sickrage/SickBeard.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/opt/sickrage
TimeoutStopSec=5s

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

1 Like

Youā€™re a genious!!! :smiley:
Thanks so much for the fast reply!
Happy new year!

1 Like

Hello and thx for this script. It should theoretically also work on a vero or vero2 right?
Just one info concerning the sickrage github branch:
SickrageTV branch is the old one, all devs except one apperantly moved to this branch:

There are some words of one sickrage member explaining internal problems as reason for moving from sickragetv branchā€¦but at the moment I canā€™t find the corresponding articleā€¦
Maybe you can change that in your howto and script.
Once I get my vero2 Iā€™ll try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

sudo git clone https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage.git sickrage
change to
sudo git clone https://github.com/SiCKRAGE/SickRage.git sickrage

1 Like

ā€¦obviosly, yes. maybe @nenad could change it in the scripts and in the howto.
Iā€™m sure there are people who just download the script and donā€™t read this whole tread :wink:

Theoretically it should work on every edition of osmc, even itā€™s vero :slightly_smiling: Thank you for information, I updated the scripts and howto.

1 Like

Just want to say, GREAT SCRIPT, works perfect.
Thank you very much

And as Morte said,

besgum,Thank you! :smile: I made changes in scripts and in howto, did you try new link or one before 4days?

I used the old one (before 4 days) but I manually change the sickrage repo, letā€™s wait for some feedback from new users

1 Like

After some weeks using couchpotato, I get several errors related to permissions. I have this question: after create couchpotato user, which password have this user?

I will try to change my couchpotato user preferences to ā€œcouchpotatoā€ instead OSMC, but I donā€™t know the password for this user.

Thanks!

I donā€™t think that user couchpotato has password. I recommend to check what persmission is set to couchpotato and download folder.

command:

ls -lh

This is how itā€™s should be for couchpotato folder

Thank you for your quick answer, @nenad. I mean that wrong permissions are in torrent download folder, not in server app folder. Specifically, renamer plugin canā€™t rewrite names inside download/** (movie) folder.

I dont know why. Couchpotato has setup OSMC as a user in settings. Also, movie folders, inside download folder, has OSMC as a user and group (OSMC:OSMC). But, then, renamer has no permissions to write (showing an error in log).

no problem, i think that this command should resolve issues:

sudo chmod 775 -R /path to your download folder

1 Like

Yes, I tried, but new folders for new movies are created with 755.

Then you should try this command on folder where you have movies. You can try sudo chmod a-x /folder with movies
Or sudo chmod a-x -R /folder with movies

1 Like

Ok, I did it, and it works with the present folders. Although I think it does not work with folders that will be created from now. This folder will be created with 755 again. So, I think I should run this command every time a new movie folder is created from transmission. I will tell you :slight_smile:

Did you run script or install manually? Try this command to give couchpotato permissions from osmc group. Maybe user couchpotato doesnt have enough permissions, because itā€™s not in group OSMC.

sudo usermod -a -G osmc couchpotato

Yes, I did it some days ago. The scenario seems to be this:

couchpotato user belongs to OSMC group
Folders with movies are created osmc:osmc and 755 (group canā€™t write)

So, couchpotato user, as OSMC member, canā€™t write new movie folders.

I think this issue should be solved if new folders can be created automatically 775 instead 755, but I donā€™t know how to do it.

I did install manually. Do you recommend me to reinstall it from script?