How to install self compiled image?

Sorry Sam,

here is the log:

CMakeError:

Determining if the pthread_create exist failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_8874d/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc    -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/osmc/include -L/usr/osmc/lib -I/opt/vero3/include -Wl,-rpath=/usr/osmc/lib -L/usr/osmc/lib    -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o   -c /mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_8874d
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/osmc/include -L/usr/osmc/lib -I/opt/vero3/include -Wl,-rpath=/usr/osmc/lib -L/usr/osmc/lib   -L/opt/vero3/lib  CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o  -o cmTC_8874d -rdynamic 
CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o: In function `main':
CheckSymbolExists.c:(.text.startup+0x14): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/cmTC_8874d.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target 'cmTC_8874d' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTC_8874d] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_8874d/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTC_8874d/fast] Error 2

File /mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c:
/* */
#include <pthread.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  (void)argv;
#ifndef pthread_create
  return ((int*)(&pthread_create))[argc];
#else
  (void)argc;
  return 0;
#endif
}

Determining if the function pthread_create exists in the pthreads failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_e67fa/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc    -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/osmc/include -L/usr/osmc/lib -I/opt/vero3/include -Wl,-rpath=/usr/osmc/lib -L/usr/osmc/lib -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create   -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o   -c /usr/share/cmake-3.7/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_e67fa
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/osmc/include -L/usr/osmc/lib -I/opt/vero3/include -Wl,-rpath=/usr/osmc/lib -L/usr/osmc/lib -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create  -L/opt/vero3/lib  CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o  -o cmTC_e67fa -rdynamic -lpthreads 
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/cmTC_e67fa.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target 'cmTC_e67fa' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTC_e67fa] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/src/xbmc-a4ad91e06a77b05ea5c7804cfe1707fe52596be2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_e67fa/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTC_e67fa/fast] Error 2

Missing dependencies in your chroot.
I’m not sure how you’re building this, but OSMC buildsystem should take care of this for you.

I was following the Howto from gmc accordingly and built it on the vero! :wink:

But it was for Jessie, so maybe i shouldn’t apply the chroot part.

You need to update to Stretch (purge toolchain) and build on that.

I was on Stretch Sam, the Howto is for Jessie.

I said earlier the wiki was for jessie (Still needed to be updated) and you needed to update to stretch.

I’ve now updated the instructions.

Good Morning gmc,

thx a lot, but already was on stretch, flashed the recent image. :wink:
Was following accordingly, replacing jessie through stretch of course! Nothing more, nothing less.
But always stucks at the same position, i’ve placed the git-folder on usb, could that be the issue?

cu

The build script should have care of everything. Have you modded it in any way?
Git folder can be placed anywhere.

You are running it from here correct?

osmc/package/mediacenter-next-osmc/

Can you post the full output of the build logs.
Try running:

make vero3 > /tmp/log.txt 2>&1

Once it fails upload the logs:

paste-log /tmp/log.txt

Roger that! And Nope, nothing modified!

https://paste.osmc.tv/egilezajur

You need to read the instructions more clearly.

CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindFmt.cmake:63 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "FMT" (requested
  version 3.0.1) with any of the following names:

FMTConfig.cmake
    fmt-config.cmake

The wiki explains what to do after this error. There is no package for this so you need to compile your own.

Thats what i’m doing at the moment! :wink:

cloned git of fmt.

sorry, but that’s completely different to my other builds.

You don’t need to clone fmt. The make will take care of that. Its very clear in the wiki

1 Like

It’s building now, nearly 50%, just want to thank u for ur patience (Sam and You), it took a bit to understand, but now i’ve got it. Really appreciated ur help! :wink:

I don’t know, why it didn’t work out the first time, cause i did nothing different, anyway, now it works.

cu

Great stuff. It takes around 2 to 2.5 hours for the build. So sit back and grab a coffee :slight_smile:

And if you’ve got things that should be tested feel free to contact me, here’s a new volunteer! :slight_smile: :wink:

cu