[How-to] set up Bluetooth audio

Hi,
I am using internal BT, for while a wandered to raspberyy pi(for checking whether at the my bluetooth device connects).
I am using Raspberyy pi.
Now I am again giving OSMC a try.
My bluetooth device when paired through raspberyy pi show’s 2 blueooth profiles.
I was able to do , by selecting blueooth profile through sound output source selection in raspberyy pi.

Kindly let me knwo, what more options can i try.
Thanks

I’m not sure I’ve fully understood your setup, but here goes:

• the request for a PIN comes from the agent which is invoked during pairing, not when trusting. Trusting, as I say, usually comes after pairing but doesn’t have to. When using the GUI in OSMC the agent is automatically invoked. When you start bluetoothctl the agent is also started automatically (you will see a message saying that). It can, however, timeout so you can type agent on to make sure.
  • your bluetooth device has more than one BT profile, but by default OSMC only supports the high-quality audio (a2dp) profile. Most users have no need for the handsfree or headset profiles intended for phones.
  • if your only aim is to set up some automatic testing of bluetooth devices using a Raspberry Pi I would suggest Raspberry Pi OS would be a better place to start than OSMC.

I’ve got a very similar problem with an IQaudioDAC+ not giving any sound from a paired phone.

In the file “/lib/systemd/system/bluealsa-aplay.service” I’ve changed the ExecStart line to read:-

ExecStart=/usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay -D dmix:CARD=IQaudIODAC --profile-a2dp 00:00:00:00:00:00

and aplay -L gives:-

null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
Default Audio Device
sysdefault
Default Audio Device
bluealsa
Bluetooth Audio Hub
btaudio
Bluetooth Audio
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0
vc4-hdmi-1, MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0
Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0
Hardware device with all software conversions
default:CARD=vc4hdmi1
Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi1
Default Audio Device
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0
HDMI Audio Output
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0
Direct sample mixing device
hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
IQaudIODAC, IQaudIO DAC HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0
Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
Hardware device with all software conversions
default:CARD=IQaudIODAC
Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC
Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
Direct sample mixing device

I’m using a hdmi to vga adapter output from the pi (with no speakers connected) so I might be getting sound through HDMI? I don’t believe the use of the adapter should affect the IQaudio DAC, which functions perfectly when playing music & videos directly from OSMC. However, could my custom config-user.txt be causing problems? (It’s set up to work with an ancient TV with a vga input but no hdmi…)

config-user.txt:-

sdtv_aspect=1
start_x=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_ignore_cec=1
hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_mode=7
hdmi_blanking=0
sdtv_mode=2
config_hdmi_boost=4
dtparam=audio=off