[HowTo] Moonlight-Embedded (former Limelight) using Luna Launcher

Hi exxe,
So it turns out that the major reason why I’ve been having issues setting up the Xbox controller was hardware related. I ended up using the procedure here to setup the controller for use with OSMC:

The reason for going this route was because:

a) I thought it would be nice to be able to use the xbox controller in OSMC (and it is!)
b) It would remove the additional LUNA/moonlight complexities until I got the controller business sorted out.

The controller would work in some instances but often it would not and I was seeing USB communication errors. I noticed another person toward the end of that thread had something similar happen due to power issues. So I went to work and tried a number of different power supplies without success (the one I’m using is rated at 2A but who knows). I then tried 2 different powered USB hubs (also no effect). FINALLY the last one that I had was a 4-port hub with double male USB connections. It takes up 2 of the rPi’s ports BUT IT WORKS!

Anyway I’m really liking that I can control OSMC with the Xbox controller but it’s creating an issue with trying to set the controller up with LUNA/moonlight, this being, that the controller does not show up as a joystick:

osmc@osmc:~$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (PC)"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd mouse0 event2
B: PROP=0
B: EV=f
B: KEY=10000000 30000 0 0 0 0 1680 0 2006040 10807002
B: REL=3
B: ABS=3003c

This is why I think I’m not getting any output when I try to create a map file with:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo moonlight map -input /dev/input/event2 xbox.map
Moonlight Embedded 2.2.2 (EMBEDDED;PI)
Move Left Stick Right
^X^CMove Left Stick Up

Is there a (hopefully relatively simple) solution for this? Preferably where I could still keep the xbox controller functionality in OSMC - or do I need to give that up if I want to use the controller with LUNA/moonlight?