HowTo - Reenable and pair to a Bluetooth Device automatically

Because every single power supply i have ever used has given me the same warnings. Every single one. Why would i run out and buy a new one for it to also not work?

And show me where it says:

peripherals may fail to start or may stop

In the wiki, im looking and i cant find it.

And its not like i came here looking for support, i posted a guide on how to make it work and then you start jumping on me because i haven’t wanted to buy yet another usb charger without good reason.

And realistically are people going to go out and buy a new power supply at the first sign of trouble? Assuming most people, like me have many phone chargers and no voltmeter. Who is going to order an official power supply and wait for it to be delivered versus trying to make it work as is.
Fair enough an under powered usb will cause issues like i am experiencing, but you can workaround them, which most people who are ready to start writing scripts will do first, not pay money for something they could fix themselves for free.

Im not going to post anything more to this topic, your response about rfkill was informative and the info about the power supply too, so thanks. But im not a complete neophyte, i have read quite a lot about the pi and when i have issues always look on forums and stuff before i would post anything.
But some explicit information in the wiki about the limitations of phone chargers and why you should really think about getting a proper power supply, and links to shops/models numbers, would be more helpful than the numerous posts telling people to run out to the shops.

And more than just “may cause glitches”. Some technical info about why and what sorts of things might happen i would certainty take way more notice of.
Otherwise tight folk like me will just ignore it and figure out how to make it work for free.

That’s your own quote…

Model numbers and links are provided in the Wiki.
As is an explanation of the symptoms of using an underpowered power supply.

There is even a link to purchase a power supply that is guaranteed to work without warnings or other issues. We also warn people against running out to the shops, and try to get them to purchase a good, known, working power supply.

I can only write this information down, but I cannot force you to read it.

When you underpower a device, the behaviour is unpredictable. You also cannot realistically expect us to provide a list of every single problem that will occur.

You cannot fix an underpowered device by writing scripts. Good luck. You are wasting everyone’s time now, because you have been given a solution but choose to continually ignore it.

Just don’t browse ebay for any cheap usb charger that states it delivers 3 amps.

That will never work!

I even had bought 5A powersupplies that were not able to provide peak currents when enabling peripherals.
When measuring them they will dip down in voltage to about 4V and below if they really have to get 5A out.

You will never notice such behaviour while charging your phone or power some leds from it, but you will if you try to power a device like the rpi from them.

Just buy good quality brands for a bit more money.

1 Like