HVEC Playback issues over LAN

As I wrote I doubt it is a network issue. To proof that copy the file onto a USB stick or disk and connect that to the Vero.

I can’t find my usb stick at the moment, so can’t test that right now.
However, i did run the file over the network on my desktop and kept an eye on the bitrate in these certain scenes.

One of the scenes that cause the choppy playback has peak bitrates of 123mbps and a 6mbit audio stream on top of that.

Even though the average bitrate of the video is approx 50mbps, i believe these peaks are the cause of the issues i’m encountering?

I thought it had to do with the 120+ mbps bitrate, but there is some scenes with such high bitrate that are smooth as butter…

I don’t get it… I’ll see if i can find my usb stick later to see if the issue persists on usb. In meantime, any other suggestions?

@sam_nazarko Do you have suggestions besides putting the file on a USB stick?

If hanewin is not performing well, my next suggestion would be to mount an smb share in fstab.

Based on the test done Hanewin works quite well.

1 Like

Can’t find the usb stick, unfortunately. I gotta borrow it from a friend or so…

Sure looks like its the 70mbit+ bitstreams that cause the issues, everything below 70mbps looks smooth. Do i need to upgrade to the Vero 4k+ if i want to enjoy these 70mbps+ videos?

Still open to suggestions.

I use 1 in my cache settings in the advancedsettings. 1 buffers local streams as well as internet streams. Works well on my Vero4k. Also have 500MB buffer. Give it a shot!

1 Like

I tried several values in advanced settings.xml. Including mode 1 and up to 1gb cache. Unfortunately, this does not solve the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don’t think kodi (nothing to do with osmc) pre-caching is very good. I fiddled with the settings and found issues including memory leeks and it just seems very un-optimised.
Kodi likes you to have a connection faster then then the bitrate. What you pasted so far seems you have 100mbit.
I get around 90mbps over my powerline and works for most flicks ok =<50Gig.

1 Like

I decided to order the Vero 4k+ this morning.

I’m watching my content on a 65 inch OLED and since bitstreams are getting higher and higher nowadays. I figured it can’t hurt to bite the bullet and order the plus.

Hopefully all issues are gone with the Vero 4k+
Thanks for all the help!

2 Likes