Installing RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter on Vero 4K

Sure. Here it is:

I need full logs. Unfortunately this reveals nothing.

This logs are from 10 min ago. I started with wifi and ethernet OFF, and only gigabit adapter connected to USB with lan cable in it. As you can see the time was 02:43 because of no internet connection. After 2-3 minutes i enabled wifi, and the time went to normal (13:46).
BTW yesterday after your reply, i deleted .kodi folder and started Fresh, so there’s less interference with my addons. Thats why i dont have addons and stuff installed right now.

If you don’t see anything suspicious in these logs, I’d like you to help me blacklist the generic cdc_ether driver. And if that doesn’t help either, I give up :slight_smile:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

@Tom_Doyle, I did all that. I enabled debug logging then i restarted the device. After restart i tested internet (was down) and after some minutes i enabled wifi and tested a stream online. Then i shut down the device and start it again. After that, i collected both logs (”kodi.log” and ”kodi.old.log”) and uploaded them on pastebin.
In fact you can see in first log the line ”Exiting the aplication” which means (i think) shuting down the device.

Respectfully, you did not. There was no part of that post where it said to upload only Kodi logs. The issue isn’t with Kodi, so these are not what is needed. There is a link in that post to the “how to submit a useful support request” where instructions are given for how to sanitize your logs if that is why you’re not just using the regular log uploading method.

1 Like

Im sorry but i dont understand what i did wrong. I have an gigabit adapter and its not working. I dont need addons for it. I just wanna know why its not working. Thats why i deleted .Kodi folder and started fresh. And i did those steps like you mentioned, except that i needed to turn on wifi, for grabbing the logs. And i didnt reboot twice at first in a row, but just once, then i tested an online stream, only with adapter, and then with wiffi too. then rebooted again, and grab both logs.
I can repeat the process and reboot twice if you think will help.

P.S. I dont want to waste your time, guys. If nothing is shows in the logs, i’ll give up. The last chance is to blacklist the generic driver ”cdc_ether” from loading. Maybe if its off, the real driver will load. Well, thats my hope, according to that link i found on the net.

There is different logs for different parts of the system. You provided logs for just Kodi but what was needed was logs from the operating system. If you don’t need to hide anything from the logs then you can just…
grab-logs -A
at the terminal and post the returned url in this thread. This will supply a full log set as was requested.

Ok, i will try. Thanks
I didnt know that grab-logs -A is a complete log grab. I’m sorry!

P.S: Here is the full log

https://paste.osmc.tv/apegerurod.coffee