Intermittent Audio Passthrough with RPi3 and HiFiBerry Digi

I just watch the 2h48 long Saving Private Ryan (I am going to the Normandy D-Day beaches tomorrow!). The audio was DTS and I did not have a single dropout.
My kids watch a movie with AC-3 audio earlier today and had a few dropouts.

So I don’t know anymore if the problem occurs with AC-3 and DTS, or only with AC-3!
What about you guys @LouFromDetroit, @Fredouye & @albertbope ?

I will need to test that. When you say drop out - do you hear static or just a mute audio? When I get drop out, I hear static as my receiver will default to PCM input - then I hear the audio data of AC3 converted to PCM which is like a static sound. Also, does your dropout recover on its own? I need to pause then unpause the movie to hear the normal audio.

When it happens, we get mute audio : complete silence.
Like you, we need to pause and resume playback to get the audio back

I got dropouts with DTS and AC3 basically and with AAC there’s no problem

Sorry for delay - I realized I did not have any DTS in my library so I had to make one of a Rocky DVD. Basically I get the dropout still - but not always the static sound like the AC3. Pausing and unpausing still fixes issue though.

I am going to try the optical TOS-LINK input instead of the coaxial inputs to see if that makes a difference, Just need to wait for my cable to arrive in the mail!

Hi,

I am not 100% sure, but it seems that the muting / dropouts problems with AC3 disappeared since the may update.