IR keys repeated when Kodi is running and LG TV connected

You could use kernel based decoding which would improve performance. See IR Remote stops working with uPNP streaming. This is the way we want to handle remotes in the future.

Sam

Thanks Sam.

I followed your advice and (completely) disabled LIRC and eventlircd (masked service eventlircd). I’ve modified 60-ir-keytable.rules to load RC-6 protocol and my custom mapping. Because Kodi now recognises the device as keyboard, I’ve modified the remote keys to the correct keyboard keys for Kodi.

The missed keypresses when watching Live TV are gone!

Nick

I’m glad to hear this, thanks for the reports.
This is the future approach that we’d like to use with My OSMC 2.0

Sam

Hi Sam,

I’ve got an update after using ir-keytable (+external IR sensor) method for ~2 weeks. I was still experiencing missed pressed during playback. Wife told me that there was no improvement compared to the LIRC method.

I decided to buy a FLIRC sensor. So far, IR response is very good. Now I’m 100% happy with the device.

I forget: are you using WiFi for Wired Ethernet? We have some improvements (soon) for WiFi which will improve performance.

I will see if I can improve the kernel module for the IR sensor’s response a bit as well.

Sam

Hi Sam,

I use wired ethernet. I’m more than happy to test updates for you. Just let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Nick

Thanks for confirming. That eliminates one variable.

Is this only an issue with Live TV or does it affect other playback too?

Sam