Jerky playback on v18 with change of scaling algorithm

You would need to whitelist the respective resolutions.

Cool, I never knew that.
One issue though… white listing 720x480 outputs my Seinfeld eps as 16x9 instead of 4x3.
Any way to fix that.
(sorry if this is off topic)

If you’re outputting 480p or 576p and the video is 4:3, to get the correct aspect ratio you need to go into the video settings while the video is playing (press OK, then select the reel-of-film icon) then change the “View mode” from “Normal” to "Stretch 16:9”, then set the TV’s aspect ratio to 4:3.

My interlaced content is all 1080i MPEG2 @ 12mbps recorded live broadcasts TV from HDHomerun tuners. My playback results with my Vero 4k+ boxes are smoother than with my Intel NUC. Not by a long shot but the results are noticeable especially if you look closely at camera panning and similar. The opening scenes on the show Jeopardy where they pan the categories is a great test case. I use HW decoding on both.

There is also a more global setting under the Settings --> Player on how to handle 4:3 playback.

It’s on my list to fix. The best I’ve been able to achieve using existing controls is a correct a/r which doesn’t fill the screen.

Back into this, after the update Millennium (my SD 480p test) is looking as it was. A quick check of Marple Season 5 (576p SD) is really jerky with both software decoding.

I’ll do more investigations soon.

This is with 480p and 576p whitelisted and adjust refresh rate on?

Adjust refresh rate has always been on.

Not sure what you mean about whitelisting? I have hardware rendering on for HD and above enabled.

Check under settings - display since Leia their is a new option whitelist to allow lower resolution to be whitelisted

Found it, I was only on Advanced. The display switches correctly anyway. I’ll do more checking this evening and try some other titles just in case.

@grahamh @sam_nazarko this kind of relates to a problem someone else has raised re aspect ratios now. Whitelisting has indeed sorted the jerkiness and the TV shows 576p. But the aspect ratios are all over the place now. I’ll continue in that other thread now this is resolved :slight_smile: :+1: