Just a thought: restart command?

Yes. Point 5 will do nicely.

1 Like

Thanks @Kent_Martin for the list. Just a question, these are the commands I use to achieve 4 and 5 respectively:
kodi-send --action=“CleanLibrary(video)”
kodi-send --action=“updateLibrary(video,/myMediaPath/)”

Do they really do the same thing as yours?

@gschulman, very welcome.

I had not heard of kodi-send before, but, yes, it looks like your commands do the same thing, and might be more appropriate for a cheatsheet :slight_smile:

Thanks for your welcome!
BTW, here’s a list of actions that could be used as parameters for kodi-send: http://kodi.wiki/view/list_of_built-in_functions

Yes, I saw that when I was having a dig around and a play.

Interestingly, they seem to be functions that have been deprecated from the REST interface - which is what that curl command hits. It seems that the same names the REST interface uses have not been implemented yet.

I assume there is a plan to harmonize them, but I haven’t seen any mention of it anywhere. That being said, I don’t exactly spend my days poring through the kodi dev forums :slight_smile:

Oh… as a PS - you can hit those same function names through the REST interface.

Hi boys… i have found .bashrc on Home path… but how i need exactly to add on files ?

I have add this:
alias update=sudo apt-get -y update && sudo apt-get -y -f dist-upgrade

I have open a SSH session from my pc… typed Update but i obtain no command found… how exactly works ?
Or how exactly i need to configure this files ?

You already have a thread about this, please keep to one thread is possible. Yes, I know this is related but you had already opened a new thread.

You probably need to wrap the command in ’
alias update='sudo apt-get -y update && sudo apt-get -y -f dist-upgrade'

Then either reboot or manually re-read your .bashrc
source ~/.bashrc

You don’t need to pass -y for update.

oh ok… my error…