Librespot 'Illegal instruction' on 4.9.113-45-osmc on Vero 4K+

Would this still need to be done after updating to dev? I added the line and i can start it.

But not showing on Phone in Spotify.

edit: Removed the line and still able to start Raspotify, still not showing on laptop or phone.

purged it and reinstalled, still same, added credentials and restarted machine and service. still not showing.

i have an older solution that does work, but volume control and shuffle isn’t working for that.

Made it work for me, Now I can rock the neighbors again! Thanks

Hi Barry, I needed both the updated kernel and the sysctl setting. If you didn’t reboot after removing the line from the unit file (or /etc/sysctl.conf) the abi.cp15_barrier value would not have changed.

Anyway, the service is running, so this is likely a separate issue. Did you try enabling ipv6 with the commands I linked to? I’ve also read there can be issues with podcasts, so you might want to try if it works when you select a song.

Is user raspotify allowed do that? Never got it to work without @dillthedog suggestion. At the same time the service is started as root? Might have been a missing reboot?

PermissionsStartOnly=true is set as well, which means the user/group is only applied to ExecStart. So the ExecStartPre command is executed with full privileges.

Thank you, missed that. It always good to be corrected when you are wrong.

I can find ways to make this a lot easier – including a sysctl dropin, but I suspect there’s a lot of log spam.

Can anyone after using Librespot for an hour or say upload some logs via OSMC so I can check?

Cheers

Worked right after the update for me.
With the default value of 1 for /proc/sys/abi/cp15_barrier (did not change it in any way)

Both raspotify (I do have an older version) and veracrypt.

Thank you @sam_nazarko

If someone can do this after using LibreSpot, I can make this a default to prevent editing systemd units.

Cheers

Sam

hi @sam_nazarko, here you go: https://paste.osmc.tv/mavocadove

I removed my customizations to /etc/sysctl.conf (customized unitfile had already been removed) and rebooted, so this is with abi.cp15_barrier = 1.

I notice that librespot is spinning 100% of a CPU core and as you expected there’s a LOT of log spam about deprecated CP15 Barrier instructions. Otherwise Spotify Connect is working fine.

uses deprecated CP15 Barrier instruction

I can quieten that in the next kernel.