Long pause before videos start to play

This is the same issue I complained of a few weeks back and not received much support on: Slow video start up - #17 by pinn73

Sorry it’s not. Or do you have GetDirectory - Unhandled exception in your logs.

In answer to your question, I am unaware as a clear response was not provided on the issue. However, the OP’s issue is the same, which was my point.

Hello again @fzinken

Took your advice, moved the kodi config file, copied the sources.xml file and, lo and behold, the problem’s gone. I then copied everything across, the device is set up as before and the videos start instantly.

The thing is, the .kodi directory I moved was huge, in the order of 6Gb. The temp folder was full of very large backup files. I have the known issue of backups not working with an error message. Could this be related? Perhaps the partition is filling up due to this issue and was running our of space? The answer is way above my pay grade.

So, the issue is closed for me for now. Thanks again for your assistance.

Could be, for the backup I would wait till the next update which should fix that.

But I really wonder what the actually problem is/was. How did you in the end restored your Kodi settings. Did you copied back the whole folder?

I just checked your old logs you still had 4.5G free so that was not the issue

/dev/vero-nand/root   14G  8.7G  4.5G  66% /

I copied the contents of the subordinate folders over one at a time. When I copied the temp folder contents, it failed as the partition was 100%. i deleted the huge backup files to make space.

After I’d copied everything across there was only about 600MB of partition space. When I deleted the moved kodi folder and subordinates, there was 9.3GB of space. Maybe I did something strange when copying things across.

There was lots in the temp folder.

Bottom line is it works now.

Thanks, when I see someone else with this problem I might just ask them to delete the temp folder.

Right. This has fixed my issue , too, so guess it was the same. There wasn’t a lot in the temp folder apart from a 6gb osmc backup. Oh ,well, just happy it works.