Major problems with the March update

Ok, thanks. Stay tuned.

Can you please try this build and let me know if this improves things?

• Upgrade to latest OSMC, then run:
wget "https://collab.osmc.tv/s/qZz6GQrGQO0yAIV/download" -O mediacenter.deb
sudo dpkg -i mediacenter.deb
reboot

Thanks

Sam

I think itā€™s fixed! What did you change?

I must have done 15 start/stops across different refresh rates/formats and lost count after that, not a single blank screen event. So itā€™s looking good.

Thanks for clarifying. Please give it some more testing and let me know if this continues to work.
Unfortunately, this isnā€™t a fix per se, but it proves a hunch we had ā€“ that the issues was introduced by some 3D changes.

We will need you to stay on this version and test some new builds soon to make sure we have no regressions and can get it fixed properly in the next update

Sam

Happy to help further. My OSMC is reporting updates as being available but I assume thatā€™s because Iā€™m not on the production release now, so have disabled the update checking.

No need to update anything just yet.

Will work on a solution shortly.

Several days in on the custom build, not a single blank screen event. Feels totally solid.

1 Like

Okay, but keep in mind this is not the actual solution. I am still working on that.

@sam_nazarko , we previously discussed the random blank screen issues introduced since the March release of OSMC in my Marantz NR1603/Panny plasma combo. The system is about to be upgraded to a full 4K chain, so I wanted to check whether there is any interest in still attempting to resolve the blank screen problem with a genuine fix, or if we should just move on from this assuming my new system doesnā€™t have the problem. I can keep the old AVR around for testing, but not the TV.

Iā€™m pretty sure that I know how to solve this properly now. But it would be good to know if you can reproduce with the old AVR on the new TV using the problematic builds.

Swapped out the TV for the new Panny HZ980, updated OSMC to the latest general release and the blank screen issue started immediately, so I can test a fix with my old AVR.

Thatā€™s useful to know, thanks.