Migrating Kodi 14 from Pivos to OSMC on Vero 4K+

Thanks again fzinken & Sam. Almost got this up and running as desired. Main remaining problem is acceptable control with Harmony Remote, but as I realize there are other threads here for that, I’ll pick (most of) those up elsewhere. So here are some questions and comments on experience:

Questions

1. Any idea why it’s mounted under media/3333-2222/ (I mean with such a number) and is that path expected to be stable?
  1. How do you press ESC? (If it has to be mapped onto a universal remote, how is that done, pref with the keymap editor addon?)

2. This is probably a question for Harmony thread, but any idea why a startup action would cause the OSMC to reboot each time? In the action I’m using (based on Phillips SRM 5100), if I switch “activities” and back to OSMC, the box doesn’t reboot. If I power off system and hard power back on, Vero reboots (though it had remained on).

Comments

• A migration guide would have been helpful in the Wiki. It could include some of the main things I’ve been asking about in this thread, esp how to transfer an old set up via an SDCard to new Vero box. Best practices, etc, including how to copy, how to quit the mediacenter, etc.

• I found that NFS access on Vero under Kodi 17 is more restrictive than Pivos under Kodi 14. Don’t know where problem cropped up, but with the former I couldn’t access certain directories on NFS shares that I could with the latter. It turned out that I had to set permissions on directories for read access to “everyone”. read/write access for user, system, admin was not sufficient as it was previously. Seems related to this thread.

• Great place to put some diagrams of the box connections and the remote buttons. May seem obvious, and mostly is, but would be good reference…