Moonlight-embedded and Luna Launcher

Let’s revisit this and get the ball rolling.
Keep me informed of your progress.

Sam

No dice. Same black screen as before. Will inform the devs that we switched to Stretch, moonlight has a stretch branch and maybe it needs different dependencies / patches.

Is there any progress on this topic?

Hi…
I have a question… I have a Windows 10 PC running with Nvidia experience. GPU 1050Ti
As a Client I use RPi3 with OSMC and Moonlight and Luna App.
I can connect to the Gaming PC and the game start very well and Audio and Video works perfect. But My gamepad don’t go.
I have a Logitech F310 and it runs in X Modus. In Osmc the menu I can control by this gamepad. Is there someone have this problems too ?

Thanks in advanced

Hey guys,

I was just about to get the new vero 4k+ when I saw it’s not currently supporting nvidia streaming. I was looking to replace my current intel nuc running libreelec for the same reason. Moonlight on nuc doesn’t work with latest version of geforce experience. There are numerous threads where downgrading would help but sooner or later I’m sure that’s going to end up in issues. I’m now building moonlight-embedded 2.4.7 for libreelec in the hope it would fix the black screen issue. Btw, in my case it throws the dreaded “[failed -1 RTSP: Failed to connect to UDP port 48010]” error.

@TheHacker66 are you getting any errors if you run it interactively (ie command line)? I’ll try to follow up on the issue you’ve opened on github for more insights.

Cheers,
Andrei

If your Vero 4K+ purchase depends on Moonlight, we would be doing you a disservice to recommend it at this time.

We’ve contacted the devs, offered them sample hardware, and we’ve not had much of a response.

I continue to work on the issue but I need support from their developers to move this forward.

Cheers

Sam

Hey Sam,

Thanks a lot for following up, I’m quite interested in the project especially since you’re so responsive. Yes, the main drive for me would be the ability to stream games since everything else works quite decently on the intel nuc I have with libreelec. Keep up the good work, I’ll be checking in every now and then. If I manage to make any progress on libreelec with moonlight, I’ll share it here as well since I guess it can help.

Cheers,
Andrei

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but has there been any progress on getting Moonlight to work on the vero 4k+, having 4K game streaming would be a great addition.

Not really. Perhaps after we push 4.9 out we can revisit it.

Sam

Since the Coreelec Team is working on a Moonlight port and it is working pretty well (tested it myself on a coreelec android Box ), is there any chance to get a Port for the Vero4k+ ?

Here is the Coreelec Thread:

Indeed, it looks like a user on the CE forums has been bringing up Moonlight, but I’m not sure if it’s an official CE effort given the ‘unofficial’ tag.

It’s been a while since we looked at Moonlight.

We’ll probably revisit it once the dust settles on the 4.9 kernel and Kodi v19 is released. We offered to send the Moonlight developers some hardware but unfortunately they never got back to us, and only one person on our team has the required equipment to test Moonlight.

Sam

2 Likes

I’m also interested in the thread, however I’m not very keen to migrate to Kodi 19 now, due to plugin availability issue.

Is there any plans to make it work on 18.9?

Seems like driver issue with Vero 4K+, as moonlight works perfectly on OSMC and Raspberry pi 3.

Switched from RPi3 to Vero4K few days ago and being satisfied so far. Only thing I miss, is moonlight for streaming PS2 emulator from PC to big screen.
Since the new kernel and Kodi 19 runs stable, are there any chance to get moonlight and dual shock 3 controllers work on Vero4K? I am willing to compile and dig in the OS, if needed.

Unfortunately I don’t have much luck with contacting Moonlight devs. I keep trying, and continue to offer hardware.

Sam

1 Like

Since the Vero 4K got support in recent moonlight-embedded commits, are there any plans to integrate it into the OSMC menu?

I would love to do something with it, but i dont have hardware to try it against. So even if I try to do some integration, i have no way of testing it locally, which makes it abit hard to work with. I’ll play around with it, and if i get something, are you willing to try it out ?

It will be something like my X-windows solution. It won’t be installed by default, but my hope is to make an easy installer, to install moonlight and a Kodi-addon to launch moonlight. To simply at least, for the user that aren’t that coomfortable with console

I’m using Luna plugin for Kodi in order to start Moonlight. GitHub - wackerl91/luna: Moonlight Launcher for Kodi

It wasn’t updated for a long time.

Cannot confirm that moonlight works for Vero 4K+ though (Vero 4K support · Issue #573 · moonlight-stream/moonlight-embedded · GitHub), thus cannot confirm if Luna will work with updated Moonlight and OSMC. However for Raspberry Pi 3 on OSMC (on 2019 version), it works perfectly.

Yeah just been looking into it, there is a fork of wackers launcher that is Matrix oriented and seems to work, but still haven’t had a chance to bake it all upp. Just got my hands laptop wiht 1050 card and it should be usable, just have to manage to install windows on it. Seems like there is an issue with the usb ports, an installation started but got aborted like 60% with a read error.

You can use GitHub - LizardByte/Sunshine: Sunshine is a Gamestream host for Moonlight. as streaming server. This works even better than the Nvidia solution. I am currently using it to stream my emulators from pc to my rpi3 and moonlight-embedded on big TV, which works already good.

I was looking into that earlier, but as I understood it the hw demands is higher then my lausy Nvidia 720m in my laptop.

But as I said, I just got my hands on a beefier laptop, but only at the end of next week I’ll have some time to play with sunshine and setting up a good “xbox one wireless controller, launcher and moonlight” against that beefier laptop.

1 Like