Music Player / Wifi / BlueTooth Questions

Sooo… Finally time for that topic.

Today I tried fstab samba in the Pi. According to following manual:

Well…
MY PI
My girlfriend had problems with Grey’s Anatomy - stuttering etc. With fstab, last episode worked flawless. Have to test furthermore.

HIS PI
I interrupted him watching a series from USB. Worked >flawless<
After the series was over, I set up fstab the same way I did on MY PI.
Set up the interface, so “Series” directly routes to his series drive and “Movies” to the movies drive. (path was /mnt/series/)

Now… Guess what. When selecting “Series”, the list was almost instantly up (before it was like 3-5 secs delay until the list was loaded). Back, now to “Movies” - Same fast list loading.
Chose a Movie - tested an AVI and a MKV Version.
In the first 5 seconds… Stutter. After 10 secs - complete hickup. I finally noticed something! The WLAN Dongle lost connection. It blinked like it was searching for a signal. Pi was warm, not hot. No temperature signal or anything. Sadly, I didn’t have the chance to check debug if CPU Cores were at 90-100%.
The complete hickup endured about a minute, I then disconnected the WLAN Dongle… Finally could step one menu down, exit the movie. As it might be seen in the log - I had to disconnect the keyboard & the dongle multiple times.
BUT! I finally got to upload a Log.
https://paste.osmc.tv/enavotalev
Here it is. Hope you can get anything from it :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Next steps until next advice:

1. Setting up a Pi with OMV and SMB / NFS Share - so I can test the NFS Share function.
  2. Watch my Pi how its behaving with the fstab samba setup.
  3. Let him watch over USB until then. :slight_smile:

Some more things that came up my mind:
We’re both “cooling” the Pi with simple heatsinks (no fans) and both use the RYDGES 2.5A 5V Power Supply.