MyGica (Geniatech) T230 DVB-T/C Stick isn't working in/with TVHeadend!

I would think there is demand, Sam. But it will need to support TVB-C and various different broadcast systems, notably the new German HD service. I suspect different versions of these sticks are sold in different parts of the world.

Note I am slightly biased as my internet connection is not fast enough for HD TV so still using broadcast :wink:

Consider also the possibility of multiple tuners in one stick for TV junkies.

Hi Sam,

For sure, itā€™s a lot of hassle buying a spurious DVB tuner, and then finding out itā€™s not supported. Getting it
to work with the right firmware, and working with TVH is also a lot of hassle. In some cases, it ends up
not working at all. Personally, I have 2 dud tuners at home. One worked for a while, and the other didnā€™t work at all.

However, once it does work, thereā€™s no reason to change.

So, I think for anyone considering TVH with OSMC, then having an official one would be a no-brainer.
But OTOH anyone with a working one is unlikely to replace it.

Sorry that doesnā€™t really answer your question. I think there might not be a big uptake initially, but
if you didnā€™t have to commit to a large volume, then the risk would be low in my view.

HTH.

Best regards,
Niall.

Hi anbodearg

Do you know if pi can handle 2 tuners (dvb-t2 & dvb-s2) directly plugged into the pi?

If i plug both in together the dvb-t2 says no free adapter available but dvb-s2 works.

If i remove the dvb-s2 the t2 works.

I noticed you had post way back on another thread about this, just wondering did you get it to work.

I may get a powered hub incase anyways.

Thanks for any info

Hi the_bo,

Right now, I have Vero4K with 2 tuners. Both tuners are connected via a powered USB hub. The DVB-T2 tuner is
powered by the USB hub. The DVB-S2 tuner has its own PSU.
Previously I had Pi - but with exact same configuration (ie I just swapped the Pi for the Vero4K).

I never tried 2 tuners directly connected to Pi (at least if I did, I donā€™t remember :slight_smile:
For me, the USB hub is required because I have 1TB HDD connected for PVR.

The ā€˜no free adapterā€™ message is usually when you try to watch a channel on a Mux which is already
tuned to another channel. Maybe thatā€™s a different issue you have?
If you look in dmesg with the two tuners plugged in, do you see any errors, or are they both
recognised and registered ok?

All good anbodearg :slight_smile:

Somehow the dvb-t2 tuner was disabled in tvh. Both tuners work great now switching between them so far so good.

Are there any dvb tuners able to stream 4k? Although i dont think there is many 4k channels broadcasting yet maybe japan.

I must admit i havent seen what 4k quality looks like yet, iā€™m holding off because i donā€™t want to look at HD quality and think its bad compared to 4k :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

TVH default setting for adapters is disabled, for some reason.

Hi graham

Do you know if you can use the ota OpenTv: Sky Uk epg on the dvb-t2. My t2 channels are in the sky epg also and as sky has more info in their epg i would like to get data fetch from there instead of the t2 own source.

Iā€™m not sure where to change it. Tried double clicking under epg source there was drop down menu but it was blank. Maybe the OpenTv sky only works for dvb-s2 tuners.

Thanks for any info

I suppose you need a Sky connection for that. Certainly doesnā€™t work here (choosing it in the TVH - configuration - EPG grabber screen.

great!

I havenā€™t seen 4K yet either. I think thereā€™s a satellite channel (Astra28.2E) providing some 4K test content.
But I donā€™t yet have a 4K TV, so I havenā€™t really been in a hurry to check it out.

I understand what you mean about comparing the quality of 4K vs HD.
After watching HD, I donā€™t even bother to tune in any SD channels anymore. ā€¦ maybe this time next year, I wonā€™t want to look at any ā€˜lowlyā€™ HD channels anymore :wink:

1 Like