Mysql - TV shows not working after update

Hello,

I have the exact same issue since I upgraded OSMC yesterday on my Rpi3.
My database is on a Synology NAS on MariaDB 5.5.47.

I follow the tip on the Kodi forum and increased my server-sort-buffer to 16M and it seems to work. But is it a real workaround?
How can I add indexes to the columns please?

Thank you for the help.

I don’t have phpMyAdmin in front of me, but you should just be able to navigate to the table, select the column, and choose “Add Index”. It should choose a default name for the index that doesn’t collide with other indexes in the table.

You can also download HeidiSQL, which I find to be the best UI for database admin, and it supports a lot more than just MySQL/MariaDB.

I had the exact same issue. It was unrelated to the vero4k though, since I also was not able to access my tv shows library on kodi on PC and on Kodi on an Amazon FireTV. Turns out the reason was an outdated MySQL version running on my old Qnap NAS (MySQL 5.1.73). I migrated the database to MariaDB 10 on a raspberry pi and all the issues are gone now.

I also suspected it might be the version - mine is also old, but I really don’t feel like migrating the database off the NAS. I might look into “hacking” it upgrade the mysql instance.

So far though, the old view definition seems to be working fine, no complaints from the family.

I added the column indexes to seasons and tvshows tables to no avail.

Seasons I needed to add idSeason, Name, Userrating

For tvshows … create index ix_tvshow on tvshow(idshow,c00(30),c01(100),c05(30),c08(30),c14(30),c13(30))

The columns indexed above match those used in the new seasons_view.

Stumped …

I can confirm that by using brettwards suggestion of reinstating the old seasons_view definition that it now works.

This error is probably due to that your mysql temp file is to small to be able to handle the large query sent or/and your mysql version isn’t fully supported by Kodi. Follow these instructions:

On your NAS edit: /etc/my.cnf
Change or set your tmpdir from: /tmp to /share/“yourshareonRaid”

You can read the full discussion over at github.