Need to attach NTFS USB drive for videos to RPi2B with OSMC

If these are your sources, you probably have little use for library. Possibly the ripped DVDs and maybe the TV shows could be appropriately named and scraped in but, might be more work than you wish to invest.

A thumbnail on the display of the list of files would be nice.
In my RaspBMC installation at home (also with the Amber skin), when I navigate into say the BAMSE folder and the list of files is displayed, there is a thumbnail image of the selected file. It changes when scrolling down so one sees a little info about the video Quite nice.
It is not visible on the OSMC installation
Is that some kind of configuration setting I have wrong now?

Using the library feature would give you such info. BUT, only when the files are properly named and the system given access to the web to scrape the files.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Alternatively, in Settings>Video>File lists, enabling the two “Extract” lines may have been what gave you the simple info you say was present in your Raspbmc install.

Thumbnail generation is turned off by default as it can slow a Pi 1 down dramatically while it is generating the thumbnails in the background. To turn it back on go to Settings->Video->File Lists->Extract video information from files, and turn this setting on.

Next time you navigate to a folder of video files it will scan the files themselves to extract a thumbnail and some video format information (SD/HD, codec etc) but this will take quite some time to populate the list, so don’t expect it to happen in a hurry.

Thanks, I had to switch to EXPERT in order to find these settings.
First I switched on thumbnails only, but that did not work so I had to switch on the Extract video info too.
But now I have some thumbnails. :smile:

I wonder if you know anything about the underlying structures in posts - underlining is really simple. You enclose the text with [ u ] and [ /u ] leaving out the spaces
Derek

I am pretty sure I tested that before asking, because that is what I have to do on several other forums as well. (Notice that the bold word other above is created using ** before and after the word by the editor when I clicked the bold button)

But this forum seemed not to adhere to the standard, because in order to make something bold it uses two stars ( ** ) before and after so I figured that this forum had a completely different coding…
Now look at this! I used the standard [ b ] code on the bolded word above and it does work. Very confused now…
But I know what to do. :slight_smile:

Thats good - it was a first for me in this forum, too.
Derek

OT of course:
Why is it that so many forums nowadays do not have underline as a formatting option among the buttons but always have italic?
I don’t think I ever have needed italic but underline is very often in use…
By testing I have found that:
italic is formatted with [ i ]text[ /i ] or * text * (remove the spaces)
bold is formatted with [ b ]text[ /b ] or ** text **
underline is formatted with [ u ]text[ /u ] or (well I can’t find an alternative)

An underline button would have made things simpler…