Netflix - is there any way to use a genuine netflix account on osmc?

Yes – you can use Netflix with Kodi v18 test builds.

Sam

1 Like

See Osty’s great guide for getting Netflix to run under OSMC:

But, as noted above, you can’t really go above 720p resolution. (1080p does play, but it’s jerky as hell).

1 Like

Great news

I can live with 720p for occasional use. Main issue is I use a 1080p 27" monitor with the vero. The monitor has no remote, no volume controls, and dreadful 3.5mm audio output, but i take sound direct from the vero and use osmc’s volume control.
The roku has no volume control at all. My tv is a crap 21" 1080p unit (these are in the room where all my computers, consoles etc are)

Tempted to try this test build (if you mean there’s an osmc built on kodi 18 to try; i recall you said it was the main dev focus recently)
Is it available?

See [TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Vero 2 & 4K

Sam

1 Like

Thanks Sam.

Would a build based Kodi 18 likely break add ons?

Should be OK in general. Some skins may not be supported.

Sam

Sounds promising.

One more question, if I may.

Would I be able to roll back to my current kodi 17 based install, using the process outlined in some earlier posts in this thread?

Not trivially — no

I suspected so - very glad I asked the question before rolling out the build

Been using Netflix on the Vero4K for a while now, together with PlexKodiConnect and the Mimic skin. There some issues with the skin mostly, but overall it is a good experience. Worth a try I would say.

Hi,

Is this using a Plex server installed on a PC?

Yes, that’s correct.

1 Like

How does one watch Netflix using Plex?

Sorry for the confusion, Plex has nothing to do with Netflix. PKC works fine on Kodi 18 though.

installed the osmc update today, installed the netflix account but i am not able to type in my personall netflix account ???

Should be when you first start the add-on it will ask for email and password

I have just updated the Vero4k+ to Leia, is this the best/easiest way to get Netflix working on it?
Thanks

The post above is tailored to OSMC, there is a script you just have to run, that installs all dependencies and downloads the add-on, then you just have to install the add-on from downloaded zip.

1 Like