Network issue after recent update

You can try to remove the previous network assignment via connman and then join 5Ghz again.

connmanctl
scan wifi
services
config wifi_<string of characters>_managed_psk --remove
scan wifi 
agent on
services
connect wifi_<string of characters>_managed_psk

Great, I think I’m all sorted out. By the way, the upgrade changed my ‘System Settings->Power saving->Shutdown function’ from Suspend to Shutdown. The Vero wasn’t crashing or freezing to a black screen, it was shutting down like it was told. Can that be fixed in the upgrade packages? Should I post a note in the main thread to let others know to watch out for that change?

That sounds odd. So you mean you had a customized config that had Shutdown → Suspend?
You can post in the main thread but that sounds quite “special”

Yeah, ‘Shutdown function’ has 2 options: ‘Suspend’ and ‘Shutdown.’ I didn’t realize that the option’s wording was funny until you asked, but it’s how you power save by suspending the vero. I don’t think shutdown would ever be a good option since I believe you have to power cycle it to turn it back on.

I’ll watch for posts about a black screen and try to help out.

As the power menu has a extra entry for Suspend and Power off system (Shutdown) I don’t see a logic why I would put Shutdown function as Suspend.

Or you are using the Shutdown timer and that function setting changed?

Screenshot from 2020-09-28 18-05-38

I just want it to suspend anytime it is inactive. I have it set to dim screensaver after 5min and suspend after 15min. But since you mention the power menu, can you point me to instructions on editing it? I don’t see any reason to power off if you have to power cycle to turn it back on and I don’t want people shutting down accidently.

No idea how, but guess only by manual editing the xml.

Correct. Unless someone happens to be running a skin with support to modify it this change would have to be done by manually editing the skin itself (and re-editing if the skin updates). A google search turns up plenty of info on how to do this.