New to Vero 4k+ but an oldy xmbc kodi users

That shouldn’t be happening, can you post some debug logs so we can see what’s going on? CC @tanio99.

We do have a regex adjustment to detect some 3D files, but it should not be causing a problem.

Humm i see but the issue on my side is that i have two displays connected to two outputs on my avr. Depending on the type of activity the AVR will switch between the two outputs (one is the TV the other one the porjector)

Ok so that’s the issue as the trailer has exactly the same name as the movie with -trailer at the end so it contains 3D MVC in its name

Ah, that’s interesting. Maybe we need to adjust the RegEx.

OK – we do have a udev monitor to trigger a reparse of resolutions on HPD; but I’ll need to check if it’s doing the right thing for 3D.

You could try just using disp_cap_3d instead for now.

I’m checking to see if i can rely to name it simply traile.ext but as far as i know it’s seems to be one of the rare metadata that has to be named moviefile-traile.ext and most of the softwares that catches trailes rely on that. i will check.

Concerning the EDID issue i’m quite stuck because unless i can mix info in the disp_cap that means i will have to stick on one capacity.

And my TV is 4K HDR no 3D and the projector is 1080p 3D (that’s the reason i needed a good tone mapping for HDR -> SDR because i often look movies on the projector even if they are HDR) and on that point vero is doing a quite nice tone mapping better that waht i tested before.

Show us the disp_cap (and 3d ones) from both devices.

How often do you change sources, you could always script a solution?

yes thanks for 3d i guess it doesnt matter has i will never watch 3d on TV

So i will stick on that

Hope you dont regret selling me a vero LOL

Dont misunderstand i make some feedbacks to make things improve, and maybe because i can have some case others didnt notice or have. But IM really enjoying my vero experience and has i already said i have finally found my mediacenter after trying so much other systems (you can’t imagine)

After my child will finish is Anime i will go and check both disp_cap for both devices.

i change output very often. To give you an idea some mini Tvshows will be watched on TV during the day by my wife . and in the evening we will always watch a movie or a big tvshow on the projector. At home your vero is going to work maybe something like 6hours a day. half on TV during the day and half on the projector at the evening (it wont be unplugged has only the avr (which has two hdmi outputs, will switch)

PS : ok we can name trailer as movie-trailer.ext (this should avoid the issue with the regexp will script the change for all my movies and the change into the kodi database and will try)

But i think the issue maybe still stay somewhere on the list as it will certainly occur on other specific cases

Yes, I think that RegEx is the problem. I’ll add this issue to my TODO list.

BTW, what’s the correct naming for the trailer if the trailer is in 3D :slight_smile: ?

If you can tolerate a few seconds of Kodi restarting, I’d use a udev rule to invoke systemctl restart mediacenter.

You can use sudo udevadm monitor to see the HDMI events.

I Can confirm juste tested same file renamed with the other pattern available no more issue.

Considering the 3d_cap and the udev i will test later. Wife IS waiting for dinner