NFS FSTAB mount not working on boot anymore

Let’s keep it simple:

192.168.10.26:/nfs /mnt/MyBookLive_HH  nfs  noauto,x-systemd.automount  0  0
2 Likes

Ok, I’ll try that… No “soft” needed?

Just that line.

1 Like

So, I changed the line and turned off “wait for network” again: Seems to be working now as it should. :+1:t2:

See post 15 :wink:

1 Like

Kool. Sometimes less is more.

1 Like

Yep, you were right as well. But I’m happy to have gone a bit deeper into the issue… There’s always something to learn.

Thank you all for your patience! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t2:

When there’s time, I’ll take the wiki tutorial by @bmillham (Configuring fstab based Samba share mounts) as a basis for a slightly changed second one for fstab based NFS share mounts, if that’s ok with him…

1 Like

That’s fine with me :smiley:

1 Like

Hello.

I also bumped into this problem this morning. After the October update reboot I realised that some of my smb mounts did not mount properly. So, the fstab file looks like that:

//192.168.1.3/media/TOSH/Movies /mnt/TOSHMovies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/TOSH/TVShows /mnt/TOSHTVShows cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/EXT4/Movies /mnt/EXT4Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/EXT4/TVShows /mnt/EXT4TVShows cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/WDPP/Movies /mnt/WDPPMovies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/WDPP/TVShows /mnt/WDPPTVShows cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/EXT4/Music /mnt/EXT4Music cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.3/media/EXT4/OSMC /mnt/OSMC cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

Everything mounts properly, except EXT4TVShows and WDPPTVShows. Please, notice that EXT4Movies and EXT4TVShows are on the same NAS (192.168.1.3) and even on the same disk (EXT4), but EXT4Movies mounts normally on startup while EXT4TVShows does not. If I manually mount /mnt/EXT4TVShows everything is ok. Ditto for WDPPTVShows.

The other workaround that seems to solve the issue is to disable “update library on startup”, as already mentioned in a post above.

I have used Configuring fstab based Samba share mounts for setting up fstab with no deviation in the “options” and beyond the fore-mentioned problem everything works as expected.

Should I change something in the fstab line?

Thanks.

Just bumping this as I had a successful fstab automount on my Vero 4k to my Synology NAS that has been working very well for the last 18 months or more. Used the simple fstab lines as per the Wiki and this post.

3 days ago tho, it went tits up and stopped mounting/I lost access to my share. I had changed nothing … although it is possible my Synology had auto-updated some settings. I’m not sure if NAS performance was possibly factor.

Anyway, after a few hours searching the forums, came across this thread. Toggled the wait for network setting on the Vero 4k and it is now working again. Thx for the solution.