NFS mounts from fedora laptop not working

Hi,

Please post your fstab:

cat /etc/fstab

Thanks Tom.

osmc@osmc:/$ cat /etc/fstab

/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot    vfat     defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount    0   0
# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)
#/dev/mmcblk0p2  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0
10.0.0.107:/run/media/ncusack/Expansion /mnt/Expansion nfs defaults,nfsvers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

cat /etc/exports from the Fedora ?

[ncusack@localhost /]$ cat /etc/exports
/run/media/ncusack/Elements *(fsid=1,rw,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,sync)
/run/media/ncusack/Expansion *(fsid=2,rw,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,sync)

Can you please use the </> tags on your terminal output so it’s easier to read and properly formatted?

Sure, sorry I am pretty new at this forum

Hi,

Sorry I’m confused now:

Elements no longer appears to be in your fstab, so which mount is working?

Thanks Tom.

@Tom_Doyle, sorry Tom I have to Raspberry Pis connected. I mirrored the changes to my second Pi and altered both the mount for Expansion and the mount for Elements. On that pi I can access the Elements directory now but I cannot access the Expansion directory. I can at the fstab from that one if you like

cd /mnt/Expansion

Hi,

I’ve moved your posts to a new topic, rather than clutter the wiki page.

Please provide the fstab for the pi which the mounts are not working correctly.

Thanks Tom.

@Tom_Doyle, I saw the move.

The other Pi only has the Elements drive working. The Expansion drive is still not providing a listing when I ls /mnt/Expansion

osmc@osmc:/$ cat /etc/fstab

/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot    vfat     defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount    0   0
/# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount /(slower boot)
#/dev/mmcblk0p2  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0
10.0.0.107:/run/media/ncusack/Expansion /mnt/Expansion nfs /defaults,nfsvers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0
10.0.0.107:/run/media/ncusack/Elements /mnt/Elements nfs /defaults,nfsvers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

Hi,

I’m surprised either of these mounts are working, there shouldn’t be a slash before defaults, should be like this:

10.0.0.107:/run/media/ncusack/Expansion /mnt/Expansion nfs defaults,nfsvers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0
10.0.0.107:/run/media/ncusack/Elements /mnt/Elements nfs defaults,nfsvers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

Also please edit your post, highlight the fstab entries and select </>, it will make the post easier to read.

Thanks Tom.

@Tom_Doyle There isn’t a slash before defaults, that was me trying to use the formatting of this forum.

10.0.0.107:/run/media/ncusack/Elements /mnt/Elements nfs defaults,nfsvers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

Sorry I need to crash for the night. I will try any suggestions tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Thank you all for your patience and help.

Nic

Ok, I got it all sorted thank you all for your help. I found the automount had automounted Expansion as Expansion1 so I had to change the drive name everywhere. Once I did that it all works.

1 Like

Thx for let us know; that was tricky but interesting case. :wink:

@JimKnopf it was interesting, and now I know automount can change drive designations. Not what I expected