NFS stopped working

This morning I installed an addon Advanced Wake On Lan. When the nfs share didn’t work I uninstalled the addon and rebooted, but meybe it messed with the networksettings?

Maybe a wrong character in it?
paste-log /etc/fstab and share the URL

https://paste.osmc.tv/izezerurak

should I remove noauto?

That looks fine. Actually what happens if you do mount /mnt/Video instead of mount -a?

No, as a replacement you are using x-systemd.automount
And as you mentioned manual mounting is also not working.

Well that worked

osmc@osmc:/mnt$ sudo mount /mnt/Video
osmc@osmc:/mnt$ ls
test  Video
osmc@osmc:/mnt$ cd Video
osmc@osmc:/mnt/Video$ ls
Film  Serier
osmc@osmc:/mnt/Video$

Reboot and check if it is mounted.
If yes (than I assume it was UFW in your way)
If no try sudo systemctl restart remote-fs.target

Reboot did not help.

Thou sudo systemctl restart remote-fs.target worked

Check sudo systemctl status remote-fs.target after a reboot

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo systemctl status remote-fs.target
● remote-fs.target - Remote File Systems
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/remote-fs.target; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active since Thu 2021-04-22 12:39:58 CEST; 37s ago
     Docs: man:systemd.special(7)
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo systemctl status remote-fs.target
● remote-fs.target - Remote File Systems
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/remote-fs.target; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active since Thu 2021-04-22 12:47:05 CEST; 19s ago
     Docs: man:systemd.special(7)

apr 22 12:47:05 osmc systemd[1]: Reached target Remote File Systems.
osmc@osmc:~$ ls /mnt/Video
osmc@osmc:~$ 

It says “reached target remote file systems” …

Edit, I enabled ufw on the server and then rebooted osmc and systemctl status remote-fs.target again and the output is the same

I am not an automount expert, maybe someone else know why it doesn’t automount.

It seems like we have reached a dead end…

Do you know what version the nfs client is, or how I can see that? Maybe there is a problem with nfs versions, i tried vers=4 in fstab and it complained about an invalid option.

Thank you very much for your efforts

edit
nfsstat -c gives me nfs verion: 3 maybe it would work better if I could upgrade to nfs 4, I will look into that

Hi,

Please provide logs:

Have you got wait for network enabled?

Thanks Tom.

Where do I check that?

Here is grab-logs -A
https://paste.osmc.tv/gerepiqehi

Edit I’m on a Vero 4k+

Hi,

apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: Mounting /mnt/Video...
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc mount[839]: mount.nfs: Network is unreachable
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Video.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Video.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/Video.
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Video.automount: Got automount request for /mnt/Video, triggered by 801 (JobWorker)
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Video.mount: Start request repeated too quickly.
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Video.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/Video.
apr 22 15:37:46 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Video.automount: Failed with result 'mount-start-limit-hit'.

Ok for some reason its now trying to mount the share, before the network is up. If wait for network is not enabled, enabling will hopefully fix this; can be found under network settings in myosmc.

Thanks Tom.

There it is. Enable wait for network, reboot, now it is working :smiley:

Then the the problem was related to my new switch, replaced an old cheap Asus router (AC51U which is max 100Mbps) configured as a switch with an Edgerouter X, configured as a switch (a lot of stuff is out of stock these days…) I’m guessing the edgerouter somehow is a bit slower in response, or something… was actually expecting the edgerouter to be faster at everything…

However, if I enable ufw on the server osmc don’t mount at boot. Disable ufw, reboot osmc, enable ufw and it is working. NFSv4 is supposed to only need port 2049, but since osmc nfs client is on v3 maybe I need to open more ports?

We discussed that on the old thread already in length

2 Likes

Thats right, I forgot.

each export should have a unique fsid.

2 Likes