No 3.5mm analogue audio output option, since latest update, Pi 3B

How would that be the other way around? The Topic is ‘no sound on a rpi 3B’ and I still don’t have sound on my rpi 3B even though I added the mentioned lines in the /boot/config-user.txt and I used alsamixer to see that the sound of the headphone (which is there) is at 100%.

1 Like

Yes you are right sorry.

I wonder if these problems are actually related then or not? Perhaps it’s a red herring and there are two different issues. Certainly seems so.

Thanks so much, that almost solved my problem. Now I can switch to jack but still no option to send the sound output to both HDMI and jack.

The main goal was that I want to play spotify on jack so I don’t need to turn on the TV. It works. Thanks so much! Much appreciated.

Sadly, I still can’t play audio books on the jack but that part can wait.

That should be possible with some alsa configuration. I think some other threads were talking about that.
But will not be possible without some configuration work.

Thanks for this!
Tried a lot of different pwm and lines and finally got rid of crackling (speakers only, haven’t tested with headphones)
here are my lines

dtoverlay=pisound
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
disable_audio_dither=1
1 Like

Thank you so much bacitoto!
This is excellent. You are a life saver :slight_smile:

Also here looking for HDMI+Jack audio output, and like others, I use HDMI for video and jack for music.

I used fzinken’s config-user.txt edit to add an option back to output audio to the jack, thank you, but dont want to have to go to settings and make this change each and every time I switch between playing music and playing a video.

Is there any way yet of adding the option to output to both HDMI+Jack again, as in previous versions of kodi? Or to specifiy different audio outs for music and video?

Check this out
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353852

1 Like

Tried everything which is written in this thread, included the Audio Profiles plugin : I cannot make my analog audio working with the last OSMC-Kodi version I’ve just installed (Kodi 19.3), for a similar problem : how to configure HDMI/analog output.
A native solution would be awesome and would surely help ?

Perfect, fzinken - thank you! This has all the features I’ve been looking for…

The Plugin is only to automate the switching. If you analog audio out is not working at all than it is another issue:

Don’t you see the audio option in System → Audio or when choosing it you don’t hear sound?
Suggest to upload logs so that we can review.

Hi.
Has anybody solved this audio problem in a way that analog and HDMI audio can be played at the same time, like in the previous versions of OSMC/Kodi? Switching between one or the other is not the same and a degadation of functionality. Is it impossible to solve? Or just not worth the ‘trouble’?
I am afraid to do another ‘update’ (which turned out to be an UPGRADE from version 18 to 19, with loss of functionality and supported plug-ins), in the hope this has been solved and the rest stays the way it is.

I believe you will need to stay on an older version for this functionality.

Copy and paste this into a file called .asoundrc in your home directory (create the file if it doesn’t exist already).

pcm.hdmiandjack {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
                type multi
                slaves {
                        a { pcm {
                                type iec958
                                slave.pcm "hw:1"
                                slave.format IEC958_SUBFRAME_LE
                                }
                                channels 2
                        }
                        b { pcm "default" channels 2 }
                }
                bindings [
                        { slave a channel 0 }
                        { slave a channel 1 }
                        { slave b channel 0 }
                        { slave b channel 1 }
                ]
        }
        ttable {
                0.0 1
                1.1 1
                0.2 1
                1.3 1
        }
        hint { show on description "HDMI and jack"}
}

Restart Kodi and select the audio device called vc4-hdmi(), [followed by the name of your HDMI device]. Kodi doesn’t display the description atm. I think it used to - needs some work.

1 Like

Thanks for the effort. But is its not working for me. if anything the HDMI sound is interrupted and nothing on the Jack output.

Please post logs and the output of aplay -l and aplay -L.