No kodi sound output if spotify-connect-web server is active

Ok, using the instructions here on docker Docker
gets me this message:

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement spotifyconnect-web (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for spotifyconnect-web

Vero2’s architecture is armv7 right?

Edit: And using the newest way to install it on github gives me this:

Loading Spotify library…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “loader.py”, line 3, in
File “runpy.py”, line 180, in run_module
File “runpy.py”, line 72, in _run_code
File “/home/osmc/spotify-connect-web/main.py”, line 14, in
from connect import Connect
File “/home/osmc/spotify-connect-web/connect.py”, line 9, in
from console_callbacks import audio_arg_parser, mixer, error_callback, connection_callbacks, debug_callbacks, playback_callbacks, playback_setup
File “/home/osmc/spotify-connect-web/console_callbacks.py”, line 103, in
min_volume_range = (1 - selected_volume_range / volume_range) * 100
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
Failed to execute script loader

You fixed that yourself in May: [HowTo] Setup a spotify-connect-web-server on a Raspberry Pi with OSMC - #13 by trohn_javolta

Sam

Forgot to change that, you’re right. But it still doesn’t work.
Could you tell me how you installed an older version manually? Also did you install it using the pre build chroot method (now outdated) or install the packaged release?

I’ve got it working now on my Vero 2 by using the chroot version from
https://github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web/releases/download/0.0.3-alpha/spotify-connect-web.sh

and implementing the mixer_volume fix by @trohn_javolta: [HowTo] Setup a spotify-connect-web-server on a Raspberry Pi with OSMC - #13 by trohn_javolta

and starting it with
./spotify-connect-web.sh --playback_device “plughw:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0”
that @sam_nazarko adviced (edit: with only change --device to --playback_device as --device is deprecated).

This way when I start music in Kodi, the spotify is automatically paused, and when I start music in Spotify the Kodi music is automatically paused. And the music from Kodi is going through SPDIF and from Spotify through analogue (if I understand it right).

The volume control would be very nice to get working though, so I’m wondering if anyone found a solution to that, ie removing the need to use the mixer_volume fix above that makes it impossible to change the volume?

Edit: Seems like Spotify is using SPDIF also, at least according to my AVR that has its “digital” led light lit when playing from Spotify. This is a bit puzzling, since as I understand it DEV 0 is supposed to be analogue? Anyway, if Kodi and Spotify are indeed using the same output, then at least the problem with Spotify not releasing the output after playback stopped is fixed. This seems also to be confirmed if looking at the output from putty at start of playback: “device acquired” and after playback: “device released”.

1 Like

The SoC pushes audio to both outputs at once, so this is expected, and is why I suggested selecting Analogue for Spotify, and SPDIF for Kodi. This means that each application can open a separate device without causing problems for the other application.

Oh, so even if spotify grabs the analogue device, the SoC will push the audio to both analogue and digital?

Yes, that’s what it means. The only exception is if it is for SPDIF and you are passing through a digital stream

Now it works for me too…seems like I used a wrong password…it used to show some error I think…

None of the packaged releases work for me, just the chroot method.
But now I can’t manage to get it running as a user…
Only with root… it’s bad practice I know but is this to bother? If I want to start the script with user osmc I always get:
sudo: chroot: command not found

Probably need to specify full path to chroot.

Type whereis chroot as a normal user to find it

And how do I specify it? I execute the spotify-web-connect script. In the script I can change the DIR=~/spotify-web-chroot… path to the right “folder”/path. Is this what you mean? Cause I did that already.

chroot is in /usr/sbin/chroot.

So add PATH=/usr/sbin/chroot:$PATH to the top of the script (if Bash).

Otherwise, it’s reasonably fine to run this script as root user, as it will elevate its privileges anyway.

Sam

Alright, if that’s the case I’ll leave it as is.

Did you install it by starting the install script with sudo? In that case it will be installed in root’s home dir, and not osmc user home dir, in which case you can only start the app with sudo. Install without sudo > start without sudo.

I tried it both ways, that’s the strange thing… Running the script with user osmc got me another error I think…
On my old setup I had the chroot dir in /home/osmc and started it with user osmc.
I must have f’d up somewhere, nevermind…
…I’ll probably try it again since I like everything to be “cleaned up” :smile:

Hello everyone!

The solution I find for me is simply switching back to the phone speaker in spotify app.
This returned the sound control to the media center.