No RGB limited option? (in Kodi settings)

I tried to read à mkv file that contain superwhite/black information on my TV:
_ once with OMSC (not displaying BtB and WtW)
_ once with my computer Kodi and “limited color range” unselected (not displaying BTB and WTW)
_ once with my computer Kodi and “limited color range” selected (displaying BTB and WTW)

So I think some videos can inform that they are limited (because done for TV) but contains anyway colors in 0-15 and 236-255 (like blurays).
But if OSMC reads in the video informations that it is limited it automaticaly clamps 0-15 and 236-255.
In fact I think this “limited color range” is not realy what we need in OSMC, wath we need is that OSMC does not clamp this information, even if it should “normally” not exist.

1 Like

Are there any news on this topic? I also want to set the player in osmc to limited as I already set the gpu to RGB full (checked with tvservice -s) and my projector to limited. But in white and blsck clipping test patterns I still dont see btb or wtw. If I play the patterns on my bluray player with same projector settings btb and wtw are displayed :confused:

If I set raspi gpu to RGB full my projector defaults to RGB full, too. As wtw and btb are clipped I assume player is set to RGB full as well. So full, full, full.
If I set raspi gpu to RGB lim my projector defaults to RGB lim, too. As wtw and btb are again clipped my assumption is that player is still in RGB full. So full, lim, lim.
I cant get the osmc player to display in lim, so I am not able to display wtw that way.

That’s what we are all asking on this thread…
But I think it’s not a priority for developpers because the signal given by OSMC is “correct” even if it is not allowing correct calibration for our devices…

Too bad that there is not even a workaround… would save us some single (full, full, full) and even double (full, lim, lim) scaling :frowning:
Hope we get a solution sooner or later.