OSMC and Hyperion

Hi Anthrax or anybody which can help

first of all thanks for you guide and advice.

Sorry to come back on the issue, I had the same problem as others and would like to learn what I did wrong while I am a for sure not a linux expert. also sorry for my english…

Doing the step " Running Hyperion.NG"
I get
root@osmc4k:/home/osmc/hyperion.ng/build# cp /root/hyperion.ng/assets/webconfig /root/.hyperion/
cp: cannot stat ‘/root/hyperion.ng/assets/webconfig’: No such file or directory

and of curse it turns out that hyperion.ng is installed the wrong place in home/osmc and not in root.

I did change to be root buy doing sudo -s (see #) while I understood from the suggested link that this was enough to become root. BUT I suspect this is exactly the problem because I remained in the osmc dir when I performed the compilation of the source files? However what I can see now afterwords is that when I do a fresh/new ssh login as root I end-up in the root dir. Is my assumption correct ?

Also what to do now? Can I just copy osmc/Hyperion.ng as suggest by Numiah too root or is there a more correct way doing this on linux ? or should I recompile from the root dir? also I did not manage to find .hyperion in the /home/osmc/ dir using ls -a ?

As a newbie I feel stupid to ask silly questions but would like to learn

1 Like