OSMC and remote MySQL-Database

Static IP for OSMC or Static IP on the MYSQL Server?

Nonsense, I changes my router two days ago and if you know what you are doing everything is still the sameā€¦

1 Like

The MySQL server has had static IP all along, Itā€™s the Raspberry PI 2/OSMC that now has static IP.

Yepp, since you have changed your router, that means all routers are equal? :unamused:

No, but I know basic networking, that means if IP adressess donā€™t change, there should be no issueā€¦

You donā€™t have to teach anything about networking to me atleast, itā€™s part of my job for ages :smirk:

Good to know - hope youā€™ve had a fulfilling life in your job, not encountering any bugs or difference in interpretation of RFCā€™s etc.
Anyhow - I found my workaround - and in the future i suggest - DAIYDK

hello all,

i know that this is an old topic, but could someone guide me how to migrate my watched movies/tv shows/libraryā€™s to my MySQL database on my central server? or should i create an new topic? because i begun to use several kodi clients on android/win devices and osmc is my central media center where is connected also dvb-t tuner and from there can i watch live tv. the osmc is running on RPi2 and is connected to LCD TV, and when im not home, im watching TV shows and Live TV remotely from kodi klients trought internet. so i would like to have updated watched movies/tv shows and library on my kodi clients. thanks

Mio, have you tried the addon WatchedList?

See the wiki page, point 2.4.3 on how to convert from local to MySQL http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedList

thanks for reply,
so i should have 3 databases on MySQL? movie database, tv shows database and watched list?

I think its the best option (have that setup myself)

thanks a lotā€¦

and for every database use single user account? or one for all 3 databases?

i found some guides on kodi how to export it from local to MySQL so i hope i will be able to do it :sunglasses:

There is a watchlist in the video db by default, so it wouldnā€™t be needed.
Iā€™m not running a sepperate addon/database atleastā€¦
You can a have a separate account for video and music if you like, not needed tho :relaxed:

ok, and when i create now movies, tv shows databases and connect there my kodi clients, then the main osmc server will update all watched movies/tv shows? or i must export all watched things and librarys from osmc/kodi to the new databases?

Every Kodi device (that runs the same major version) that is connected to that mysql database will update everything, so adding, removing and watching.

You can start watching a movie downstairs and stop it halfway and continue upstairs :wink:

Theetjuh, that is correct.

The benefit of the addon is that it stores if you watched a particular movie / tv series, not if you watched a specific library item. Thats useful for example if you are reorganizing files or moving your data around. And of course as a backup in case Kodi db gets corrupted.

I see now that the description on how to migrate from SQLite db (local) to MySQL from the link is not dependant of the addon, so the addon is not needed if you donĀ“t need the extra functionality.

Yeah get your point, think you need to experience such ā€˜failureā€™ first to know that ya need it :wink:

Luckily I havenĀ“t seen any db failure yet :slightly_smiling:

But it was very handy when I migrated to a new NAS.
Update watched status via addon ā†’ Move files from old NAS to new NAS ā†’ Run clean library ā†’ Run full library scan ā†’ Update watched status again ā†’ And viola, complete fresh library but with correct watched status.

(sorry if this was slightly OT)