OSMC Backup to SMB NAS

Maybe try something like…

//192.168.1.100/OSMC /mnt/osmc cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/home/osmc/.credentials,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,vers=3.0 0 0

but autofs is a better way than fstab and if you wanted to go that route I’d suggest to check out the following guide…

Also it would be prudent to actually check you can write to the mount at the terminal before bothering with the backup utility in Kodi…

touch /mnt/osmc/write-test && ls -la /mnt/osmc

That being said a system mount isn’t necessary. I’d suggest to go to settings>file manager>add source>browse>add network location> and enter only your server name and credentials. At this screen leave the shared folder empty. After you click “OK” on that screen you should now have this as a location in the browse list. You can choose to add your mount point or not as a source to file manager (note sources in file manager are a different set than the library sources). When you go back to the backup location setting in the My OSMC add-on and browse you should see the new location available to navigate into (if you already have a path set you may need to click the up folder navigation button to get back to the top level where you can see it).

1 Like