OSMC Installer - OS X

I’ll give it another go this evening and see if I can reproduce the situation. Could the pop-up go under if the parent window is clicked?

I think so.

I’ve figured out what happened, and can reproduce it:

1. qt_host_installer running on display 1
  2. Chrome (for example) running full screen on display 2
  3. Click through the installer to the ‘Extracting …’ stage
  4. Starting doing something in full screen Chrome on display 2
  5. Extracting completes, installer starts bouncing its menu icon to get attention
  6. If you know where to look, confirmation dialog is on main desktop of display 2
  7. If you don’t where to look, installer on display 1 appears to be unresponsive

I’ve never written anything in qt, so I don’t know if there’s a way to fix this, such as making sure the pop-up is centred on its parent window.

It is a modal dialog. I will see if there is a way to launch it in the way you described.

Cheers

Sam

I may not be familiar with Qt, but after a quick glance at the source code and the documentation I suspect it needs the parent passing to the QMessageBox constructor.

(I’d try it myself, but I’ve been swearing at the Xcode Command Line Tools for an hour to try to get Qt built, and I should really be in bed …)

Let me know if you’d like me to try anything.

Agreed. Which should be as simple as passing the this ptr. I can’t remember why I didn’t do this at the time, but I think there was a reason.

I am planning to update the installer anyway. If you do get Qt sorted, I’d appreciate some help. I’d like to add HiDPI support as that is commonly requested. Qt 5 supports this natively, but I did not use a proper layout manager when I originally conceived the application.

Sam

Happy to help. I’ll have another look at it at the weekend and see what I can do.