OSMC Pi Drive Photos

I think his concern was with the first stacked case which left the Pi and the drive too exposed (IMHO). If that came open, the Pi or the drive could move. If the new 4x4 case opens, the drive and Pi are appropriately fixed to the base and there will be no issue. It is a more solid construction.

The drive fastens to the base with 4 screws, and the Pi fastens to the top with 4 screws. Both are solidly mounted, but the top is not solidly mounted to the base – it just rests on the base.

BTW, the mounting screws on the Pi interfered with my WiFi connection the Pi.3 I simply removed the one screw closest to the Pi3 WiFi antenna chip, and now it works fine. The board is still solidly mounted with 3 screws.

I assume you are not talking about the OSMC case here, as both Pi and drive are affixed to the base in this model.

Hi,
I did some tests and I think I found a solution. I have the following HDD:

I opened it and it already has a USB 3 port (I hope it is) like this one:

and when I bought it the cable to connect to Raspberry was already provided. I already know it works because I use it every day.

At this point it is sufficient I buy this enclosure from WSDLabs:
https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wdlabs/wd-pidrive-enclosure--blue-square-6x6.html#!

The screws are ok, because they fit a normal HDD.

The problem is that today the case is out of stock. Buy a case for my Raspberry is becoming a nightmare.

Yes, the discussion now moved on WSDLAbs enclosure that it is similar to the OSMC one.

Hi All,

I am back here to tell that I bought the WSDLabs enclosure 6x6:
https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wdlabs/wd-pidrive-enclosure--blue-square-6x6.html#

I used my HDD:

removed it from its own enclosure, removed some stuff from it and it fit perfectly. The cable too.

I think I solved my problems. But there are few minor issues:

1. I have TV stick and a gamepad. I needed to but USB male/female extension because the 4 port USB remain inside the box. Two are used for HDD and Wireless Dongle. The other two remain inaccessible unless you open the box (very easy because it uses magnets) or add some USB extensions. I think the latter is the best option.
  2. The audio jack is inaccessible. Having HDMI I do not need it, but I think it would be easy to add a small hole for it.