OSMC setting app not working at all

Thanks,

We’ve found the bug in the code causing this issue - I’ll advise as soon as we have a fix.

2 Likes

This bug should now be fixed in version 1.69 and later of mediacenter-addon-osmc. If you can’t get into the settings addon at all to run updates run the following command to bring yourself up to date:

sudo apt-get update; sudo systemctl start manual-update

DBMandrake,
yes, it works now again. I was able to open app several times, also after reboot and after some changes.
Thank you

Hi,
I have same problems with OSMC setting app and following this thread I didn’t manage to fix this.
I try to update manually but I keep getting an error. So, any help would be appreciated.

And here is the log.
http://paste.osmc.io/raduvaqera

Hi

Known problem: which has now been resolved, but the mirrors have not yet synced. We are currently migrating to our RC build which will have a smooth upgrade path (we hope) from here on out. We’ve also taken some precautions to ensure that future upgrades are smooth and we can develop and test new changes without disrupting the upgrade system

Best

Sam

ESC doesn’t do anything on my Raspberry Pi 2 B.
Is there any other way to get the update?

Hi There.
I want to submit, just a little mistake in OSMC Settings in Raspberry Pi 2
In my case, i want to attach my 2.5’’ external HDD without external power supply.
When i try to attach … the HDD does not start …
We have an option in OSMC settings PI config >> “CPU Mem & Cocec” which is called “usb_max_current”
I try to select this option , but without success …

Answer:
The first way is via a new option in /boot/config.txt
just add below:
max_usb_current=1

Then reboot and everything is ok!

I think that the problem is in the syntax of command:
In the menu we have an option which is called “usb_max_current” but the option is “max_usb_current”"

Thanks…
And I Love OSMC…

This has already been fixed in the next release

S

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to osmc! I’ve updated today osmc, and osmc settings crashed (“Script Error”). What to do? Already tried manual update recomended in this thread!

Regards

Also quite new to OSMC after I got my RasPi 2 several days ago. I basically use OSMC to connect to my VU+ receiver to watch TV channels on my desktop as second TV set. Scarping my NAS for Audio is maybe oe of the next things to do.

Also after todays update, OSMC settings are not starting due to a script error.

I had a look at the logs (and committed here as well: enter link description here

It stops when trying to copy a file (using shutil package of python) because “unsufficient permissions” - well the files are not there, i checkd via SSH.

Another thing is: The setting is set to check for updates after reboot and - well, it is always telling (the box) that packeges are downloaded. Well ok, maybe that’s just the apt-get update… at the end it is rarely downloading anything, except for today…

ah, finally I got the update. OSMC prompted to download, but it did not start the update process itself. So I had to use the command line from above…
Now OSMC settings is working again…